RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Didn’t know him but met him a couple of times as he kindly sorted tickets for me. The first time he went out of his way to meet me down in bandit country which I greatly appreciated and the 2nd time I went to his carpet shop to pick up a ticket for the Wigan final which I eventually managed to forgive him for.

Struck me as a really nice fella and he’s clearly very well thought of on these pages.

RIP blue

Sad news, can only repeat what many others have said really - a very kind and nice fella, always chatty and welcoming, one of the main posters on here over the years. Must have first met him 15+ years ago, bumped into and chatted to him loads over the years at away games, seem to think I have done in the last year or so but cannot quite place where it was, we had a laugh about something wherever it was. R.I.P. Bill.

What an incredibly brave man who was so strong in the face of an awful and terrifying illness.

Rest in peace, Bill.

Absolutely a top bloke with a kind heart. Would help anyone out. Have known him over 30 years through his shop. Last seen him sometime last year in his shop and it was clear that horrible disease was taking him over but he was still smiling. RIP Bill and condolonces to his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.