PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Whilst there have been a few encouraging noises recently, it’s far too premature to talk about charges being dropped, a PL climb down etc imo. There’s still a long way to go in the process, and I doubt we’ll hear anything concrete for months, possibly even until next year.

I'm with you on this, but then I'm an old school City fan who always feared there was a disaster around the corner and that was often the case. As a result we have the football version of PTSD and no amount of recent success will fully erase that.

That being said we might be pleasantly surprised with our latest angst. We are the best club in the world, the most entertaining with the most charismatic manager and players. We have provided the premier league with two of the best last day finishes ever. Our worldwide popularity is growing at a phenomenal rate as a result. Dragging out this stench of corruption, which Is what's alleged, against the leagues best club, is damaging their brand whether they want to admit that or not. It's also put the spotlight on their ridiculous ffp rules and fans of other clubs have at long last woken up to their implications. It's in everyone's best interest to get this finished, not least the premier league's.

Whilst there have been a few encouraging noises recently, it’s far too premature to talk about charges being dropped, a PL climb down etc imo. There’s still a long way to go in the process, and I doubt we’ll hear anything concrete for months, possibly even until next year.
It must be horrible being you. Sucking the joy out of everything as a default setting. Were you related to that bloke at Maine Road who had ‘The end is nigh’ sandwich board?

Your first line is totally on the money.
The cartel probably could have accepted -at a push- another US takeover, but this was Johnny Arab, from a country where they have 10 wives and ride around on camels all day.
Damned uncivilised the lot of ‘em, don‘t know their place, but if we give him the benefit of our advice he’ll probably bugger off back to where he came from.
Possibly, amongst many chronic misjudgments (happily for us) the biggest mistake they as a group made.

It must be horrible being you. Sucking the joy out of everything as a default setting. Were you related to that bloke at Maine Road who had ‘The end is nigh’ sandwich board?

8-)

Could never be doing with that optimistic twat. He was always promising it was going to end yet we had to continue watching shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.