PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Goldbridge reach is unfortunately huge from a social media and YouTube perspective.

- 2m Youtube subs via United Stand
- Another youtube account with 1.1m subs via That Football
- another youtuber account with 300k subs via Mark Goldbridge
- The combined views on all his youtube accounts exceeds 2bn views
- an X account with 2m followers
- another X account with 800k followers
- He is probably the biggest Football youtuber out there with AFTV (Fabrizio Romano for example gets less views)

Those are huge numbers when it comes to social media and YouTube. Not to mention the amount of views/engagements his videos reach on other youtube channels + cuts/clips on twitter.

He has a combined following as big as Ornstein when you think about it with 400-500k engagements on average per tweet. His tweets about City average over 1m engagements per tweet (im pretty sure he's deleted a few tweets by the looks of it). Not to mention he now has a show on TalkSport.

If anything he is the exact type of person the club should be targeting because his legal backing would be severely less than say going after Sky Sports and his reach is just as damaging if not more because generally youtubers target audience is for people between the ages 10-25 who are generally more impressionable.

IMO he would have been one of the top candidates to target if City were to go after media personalities (IF)

He should be worried because YouTube are pretty strict on copyright or libel you can shut a YouTube channel down for good or a time! City could threaten YouTube itself with libel if they don't tell someone on there platform to stop it ! And that his business down the pan if doesn't stop it..

He should be worried because YouTube are pretty strict on copyright or libel you can shut a YouTube channel down for good or a time! City could threaten YouTube itself with libel if they don't tell someone on there platform to stop it ! And that his business down the pan if doesn't stop it..
I know they are strict with copyright not so much on libel. But yeh that would be an added factor if true - YouTube are ruthless when they shut channels down and have shut bigger ones down

The tweets about City sending cease and desist notices out to people in the media came at the same time that the clubs execs have never been more confident about chucking these 115 breaches in the bin. Whoever the inside sources are what they are saying is coming to fruition. Are we going to see some major piss boiling in Stretford, Merseyside and Notth London by the time the clocks go back?

Ive thought since last saturday about sticking my head above the parapet about mentioning this because people generally get shot down.
On Saturday i was in the company of 4
City employees. All quite senior in there own roles , 2 who i am friends with. Was introduced to the others, one works on the legal side at the club.

It wasnt the setting to mither him about ‘115’ and im not like that anyway but i did , after a few pints, ask the question, “sorry i have to ask, in a sentence, what do you think”. His reply was straight to the point, “all total political bollocks, we will beat this because we have done absolutely nothing wrong. Watch this space”.

We did chat a bit about City as he was open to, and one thing he said was that where as a lot of employees dont always consider the fans as to them a lot of decisions made are just business but the very high up guys , khaldoon, txiki etc really do and will always say “what will the fans say/think?” when a decision that affects us has to be made.

So there ya go. Make of it as you will .

Ive thought since last saturday about sticking my head above the parapet about mentioning this because people generally get shot down.
City employees. All quite senior in there own roles , 2 who i am friends with. Was introduced to the others, one works on the legal side at the club.

It wasnt the setting to mither him about ‘115’ and im not like that anyway but i did , after a few pints, ask the question, “sorry i have to ask, in a sentence, what do you think”. His reply was straight to the point, “all total political bollocks, we will beat this because we have done absolutely nothing wrong. Watch this space”.

We did chat a bit about City as he was open to, and one thing he said was that where as a lot of employees dont always consider the fans as to them a lot of decisions made are just business but the very high up guys , khaldoon, txiki etc really do and will always say “what will the fans say/think?” when a decision that affects us has to be made.

Good man.

That’s good to know but next time can you ask about the stuff that worries us ;)

Fans

Running out of chips
Muffin or Barm

Doesn’t that surely depend on the scope of the LBA? Surely a claimant can choose to limit what defamatory output they seek to control. If he had to remove everything from his back catalogue about City, then the optics would not be great for the club, especially given the backstory. Far better for him to see the error of his ways. And what’s the fucking point of deleting anything these days? It will be out there anyway.
Of course, but this video was 2 weeks ago and close to the bone. I’d suggest if even that isn’t deleted then he’s not had any correspondence. And if deletion wasn’t requested then it would undermine any case that the party believed they had been libelled by that video

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.