RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

One of the things that I remember from school was that there was one of them football cards going around and I wanted to put City down but when I got the card his name was already on it so I had to choose another team. I remember us always being skint and winning the money would have been great at the time. Anyway he won it and instead of disappearing with the money he skipped a lesson and bought a football from the shop so we all could play. It's funny I still can see him off to the shop with the words 'I knew that City would come good for me'.
Well Billy they have certainly done that.
Rest in peace mate, you were certainly one of life's good uns.
I didn't know the man but of the many good things being said about him this stood out to me because if you do a kindness like that when you're young it shows it's in your nature and you'll do other stuff like it all your life, which it seems he did.
And could be I saw him once. Wembley 2011, a few minutes from the end two pissed-up guys near us were cussing each other and close to blows. An older chap came over to tell them "pack it in, City's about to win the Cup", then one of his mates called him Bill and said well done. Maybe not the same fella of course but it sort of fits the bill (sorry.)
R.I.P.

Just back from holiday, dreadfully sad news. He sat two seats from me until his illness hit. When he had to come in a wheelchair I used to pop up to the back at half time to have a chat with him. He then moved to near the family stand. RIP a lovely witty man.

Just a quick tip for anyone going to the funeral by car.

Your best going to the Chapel Lane entrance rather than the Victoria Avenue entrance. The Chapel Lane entrance takes you straight to the chapel in less than a minute whereas the Victoria Avenue entrance you have to drive through the crematorium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.