Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

He is a young guy playing his first season in the PL, obviously there will be ups and downs as we have witnessed.

Saturday and since his injury he has not been the same player as the one that came in and was superb, nothing wrong with stating that.

Learning from his game against Chelsea will be the measure of his future in our shirt.
Yep, still a raw talent. Plenty more to come from him and he'll only get better

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
Pre 2012? Your historical knowledge of football is pretty poor. Not heard of the Revie plan when City were revolutionising the game tactically. What about Joe Mercer and Allison era when we were the team in England late 60's and carried on with Tony Book's great 1970's side.. should have the league a couple of times then pipped by the odd point. If we were say a Plymouth or Exeter who had achieved what City had since 2012 then you could letigitimarely say "johnny come latelys" but City's role as being one of the major forces in the game (attendences , titles, cups, international players etc) cant be considered as Johnny Come Latelys. Really showing your lack of football knowledge with that pal. We even won the FA Cuo in 1904!! Hows that for 'istry!!

He is a young guy playing his first season in the PL, obviously there will be ups and downs as we have witnessed.

Saturday and since his injury he has not been the same player as the one that came in and was superb, nothing wrong with stating that.

Learning from his game against Chelsea will be the measure of his future in our shirt.
I don't see why he gets any criticism, they were obviously wary of him and always sent two men out to cover him. He did what he should and passed the ball, it should then be up to the team to use the space this creates.

I don't see why he gets any criticism, they were obviously wary of him and always sent two men out to cover him. He did what he should and passed the ball, it should then be up to the team to use the space this creates.
Having two defenders on him is something he will have to get used to and take advantage of, he is in with the big boys now.

Fucking cock, easiest get out when losing an argument aint it? Wish I hadn’t engaged with you in the first place, I’ll learn going forward that’s for sure fuck me
Hahaha!

Touchy fella, eh? Can’t even take a joke!

Please put me on IGNORE and save us both the trouble if you’re this sensitive.

The problem is that when he is being covered by two players, he does not pass the ball quickly enough to recycle it to expose that space he helped create. Too little end product, including the quality pass inside to help find the space.

Last edited:
After some matches I get extremely annoyed when we drop points (Spurs at home for example) but I wasn’t quite as angry at the weekend. Yes it was disappointing, poor finishing, poor team setup and some poor individual performances meant we dropped points to a Chelsea side scrambling for form. It didn’t help that Sky got a guest pundit from LFC TV to co-commentate.

In short we were brutal first half but Haaland should have scored. Second half better especially once Chelsea sat back and Bernardo came on, after that only poor finishing denied us the points. I find it out that Diasi had an incredible performance yet better finishing or refereeing and we win anyway.

Looks like the wrong 3 players were missing for us (Stones, Bernardo and Grealish). Feels like we need at least one of them on the pitch every match from here on to control the tempo and cut off the counters.

Onto to Brentford now, hopefully Haaland removes that strange anomaly from his scoring record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.