47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

I'm concerned that Phil may become frustrated at not being played in his favorite position, possibly leading to poor performances. You could see how happy he was in his post match interviews when he finally got a run of games starting from midfield. Not inferring that he'd down tools or anything, really don't believe it's in his character. We all tend to perform better when we're happy doing the job we've been tasked.
For myself, after that run of games, I'd almost feel like that position should have now been mine to lose.

I'm concerned that Phil may become frustrated at not being played in his favorite position, possibly leading to poor performances. You could see how happy he was in his post match interviews when he finally got a run of games starting from midfield. Not inferring that he'd down tools or anything, really don't believe it's in his character. We all tend to perform better when we're happy doing the job we've been tasked.
For myself, after that run of games, I'd almost feel like that position should have now been mine to lose.
He may have started on the right but he was basically playing as a 10 tonight like he has in many games this season.

played well, should absolutely have taken that chance earlier instead of trying to round the keeper, but played well.

Looked absolutely incredible after he got put in the middle.

He was in the middle from the start, but was as ineffective as Alvarez who was on his right. Foden was brilliant in the last 15 minutes or so, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.