The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
March will be the defining month for us. We'll either win it from there or we'll be too far off the pace.

I hope it doesn't come down to goal difference as we're off the pace there. Hopefully we can get a couple of big wins but suspect the goal difference will only get worse as we face tougher games in March and Liverpool & Arsenal rack up more goals in their fixtures.

Our next six games will define our league season , this squad of players have always stepped up when the chips are down , the fact we are playing teams who be more adventurous and try to attack us will play into our hands. We can open up any team that tries to play attacking football against us , but my main concern is that we will get screwed over by officials especially at Klanfield where we never get ANY game changing decisions at the Dippers midden.
Not one for conspiracy theories but the way our players appear to be fair game when it comes to fouls , so many after the ball incidents ignored by refs ,and the premier league absoutely do not want us to win four on the bounce and PGMOL is one of the weapons they can use to stop us.
If we get our fair share of decisions and VAR then i have no doubt we are a better team then the Goons & Dippers on our day.

Still almost a third of the season to go

Plenty can happen between now and then. It's football, some very unexpected results will happen at some point in the next dozen games.

Those Palace, Spurs and Dipper games piss me off even more now. We could’ve been miles ahead without those lapses.

Spurs was bad enough, to not see out a hard grafted lead, but the Palace one took the biscuit - i have never felt that collective feeling of worry while 2-0 up, was odd, definitely a normal atmosphere. What a gift to Liverpool/Arsenal.

People are getting hysterical this year.
If we don’t win it so what. Won’t be the 1st time and we don’t have a divine right to.
Bayern, Juve and Real don’t win their leagues every year.
Personally, I’m not surprised we are performing like we are after the huge treble effort last year on the back of a massively sapping season the year before when we lost to Real in the semis but won the league

Weve got the toughest run in , i think it will go down to the wire but i believe we willwin it by 2 pts
March is tough as has been mentioned. I think it's about getting through that more or less as it is now. After that it's not that bad in comparison barring spuds away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.