Stan Bowles RIP

Alan Hudson, a player of similar skill to Stan, and, like Stan, criminally underused by England, also liked a bet.

When I lived in Stoke, I was told that he was often in the pub, after training, on the phone to the bookies, placing large bets on several horses.

Cant remember the actual details but seem to remember he held a record for playing for england and the Crossroads in the sunday league...in the same week.

I was privileged (and that word is justified in this case) to see Stan play for City but his best years were undoubtedly with QPR. Supremely gifted, in my eyes better than Rodney Marsh. Criminally underused by England but when have England ever played such geniuses?
Probably as entertaining off the pitch as he was on it. He leaves behind many great memories and will never be forgotten by those who saw him.
RIP Stanley and condolences to his family.

Alan Hudson, a player of similar skill to Stan, and, like Stan, criminally underused by England, also liked a bet.

When I lived in Stoke, I was told that he was often in the pub, after training, on the phone to the bookies, placing large bets on several horses.
Denise Coates likes this post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.