Stan Bowles RIP

Read his autobiography if you can get hold of a copy, it's ace (the Sunderland FA Cup story springs to mind).

Once asked a ref, ‘What would you do if I called you a c**t?’
Ref: ’Obviously, I’d send you off.’
Stan: ‘What would you do if I thought you were a c**t?’
Ref: ‘I wouldn’t be able to do anything about that.’
Stan: ‘Well.. I think you’re a c**t’.

RIP Stan

Anyone remember an obscure incident when City played QPR at Loftus Rd in the 70s. There was a little bit of a heated argument in the middle of the pitch when out of nowhere Willie Donachie comes from behind and leapfrogs over Stan.

Great bloke. I last saw him in my cousins funeral. We were in the wake in Woodhouses and he was panicking because there wasnt a bookies nearby and he had to go into Failsworth. Taxi was late and he missed the race

RIP Stan. He was Kiddos best friend back in the days.
I vaguely remember reading Stan & Brian were sent off for fighting in a Manchester Derby.
Can anybody remember this and provide more details ?
I'm assuming Kiddo would have gone to a Catholic school and Stan ?
They may have been rivals at schoolboy level and played against each other growing up ?

Stan, Frank Worthington, Tony Currey and Alan Hudson.

All brilliantly skilful players, none of whom played for England as many times as they should have.

There was, and still is, something seriously flawed in the way the national team treats its most gifted players, as seen with the Waistcoat's treatment of one, Philip Walter Foden.

It may be the Mail but great article from 15 years ago about Stan, the FA cup and nearly causing a riot at Roker Park in May 1973.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.