Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Yesterdays game made me realise how fucked up the idea of this "Blue Card" and sin bin is.

Very late in normal time a City player committed a tactical foul, now my understanding is under the rules to be trialed this could be a blue card and being sin binned, now i dont know how long this is for but lets assume 10 minutes.

Half way through the injury time one of their players committed a tactical foul as well. And as such you would hope he was treated the same.

But what happens if not? say we lost our player but Bourmouth didn't, its another manipulation method.
Will VAR review a "Blue card" or is it up to the refs judgement?

But the big one for me is the timing in the game, a player could be sin binned after 20 minutes and be out of the game for the next 10 minutes, likewise a player could be sin binned in the last minute of injury time. He could be out of the game for 30 seconds.

What happens when a player gets sin binned and then there is an injury, lets say Rodri gets a 10 minute ban, could the other players then fall at every oportunity and feign injury to limit the impact?
What happens if a keeper gets sin binned? Does s as n outfield player go in goal for 10 mins?

He wouldn't even look Pep in the eye as they shook hands at the end of the game yesterday Hooper
I'm convinced he's been put there to antagonise Pep.

You could see him waiting for Pep to rip into him after that Smith tackle that went unpunished in front of him.

I'm glad our manager is a clever fucker.

The stoppage time is the one thing that needs investigating in my opinion.

1-0 up, 6-10 mins added on.

1-1, you have can 3 or 4 mins max.

The obvious one to recall is Newcastle away which we managed to win. It feels like no game in this modern era should have just 3 mins, with the amount of subs, time-wasting, goals etc...

It's about time we started seeing how they get to these numbers.
Rags winning at Luton 4 mins.
Rags drawing with Fulham 9 mins.
It's not hard to see the patterns throughout the season.
Another snide tool they've brought in

View attachment 108160

Attwell for the derby?

Hooper 4th official for second game running.
Cant be Oliver as he played for the Rags this weekend, if it is Attwell i hope Pep brings up his “error” from last season.

One thing ive noticed of late, Dippers and Rag opponents seem to be getting quite a few cards early in the game, Chelsea had 4 in the first half at Dippers, Fulham had 3 yesterday in the first half where our opponents are usually given free reign to foul at will, we do not even get nailed on fouls given as free kicks half the time and certainly the cards do not come out for our opponents as they do for the red tops yet innocent fouls ie Silva v Brentford after they had got away with so much but his 1st = yellow.

Cant be Oliver as he played for the Rags this weekend, if it is Attwell i hope Pep brings up his “error” from last season.

One thing ive noticed of late, Dippers and Rag opponents seem to be getting quite a few cards early in the game, Chelsea had 4 in the first half at Dippers, Fulham had 3 yesterday in the first half where our opponents are usually given free reign to foul at will, we do not even get nailed on fouls given as free kicks half the time and certainly the cards do not come out for our opponents as they do for the red tops yet innocent fouls ie Silva v Brentford after they had got away with so much but his 1st = yellow.
This is what annoys me, we aren't officiated in the same way as the cartel clubs, most bookings against us are for dissent not for the multiple fouls players are allowed to do....it's a real shame that we're now happy with refereeing performances like last night.

Football grew because teams could self referee where-ever they played and what-ever the numbers per side. Off-side was never a big issue because everyone understood the application of the laws of the game including what constitutes foul play or a hand ball? Not now.

Nowadays English Football League referees and below apply a different interpretation to those in the Premier League which also differs from those in European and many other regions with additional differences on the interpretation by VAR.

The constant tinkering has done nothing to enhance the game. It has exposed it to exploitation and corruption.

And KDB yesterday...

Agree the post BTW. Its all bent in favour of red shirt teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.