Is social media ruining football ?

Yes.

Attention span of the young generation is shocking, some will find it physically impossible to sit and watch a game without a social media scroll.
My daughter teaches A level biology. She has noticed the attention span shortening over the last 20 years. She has had to introduce a ‘break’ after 20 mins of a lesson where something off topic is introduced.

The two biggest things spoiling football in this country for me are Ratboy and Spit.

I'd have no hesitation in broadening the question.
Is social media ruining society?
I was about to write similar. It is the most corrosive, devisive shit show I have ever known.

I scrolled through Facebook the other day, and the sheer number of short posts whooping up fascism is clearly something done by bots and the like.

Rotten to its core, all of it.

social.media ruining football by complaining about it on a football social media platform.
Lets be fair, forums are not social media, forums have existed since the 70s and 80s.

There isn't any attention whoring; monetary gains incentive; or narcissistic endeavours for forum users to manipulate.

Which alludes to why speaking to people on forums is similar to chatting to them in real life, users are more sensible on forums than social media.

Lets be fair, forums are not social media, forums have existed since the 70s and 80s.

There isn't any attention whoring; monetary gains incentive; or narcissistic endeavours for forum users to manipulate.

Which alludes to why speaking to people on forums is similar to chatting to them in real life, users are more sensible on forums than social media.
There is no attention whoring on here?

In answer to the question in the thread title; not just football, society in general. Too many grade A weapons on "X" in particular, from all sides of the political spectrum, and society in general.

There is no attention whoring on here?
Obviously as a newcomer, I haven't noticed any. I mainly spend time in the "General Football" and sometimes the "Bluemoon" section.

Perhaps the case is different for this "Off-topic" section or if theres a Politics section here that I don't know about, but still the attention whoring on this forum or other forums is incomparable to actual social media platforms like Instagram.

It also doesn't help that 6 or 7 year old kids can easily make social media accounts, whereas they wouldn't be aware of forums.

The impact on say a Twitter post by a registered Twitter user (Look at Barton) and a post on here is night and day. You can ignore social media all you want but it gets noticed and many things have been aired by TV channels that started out on Twitter or Facebook.

It's a thing, it would be nice if it wasn't a thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.