Piccadilly Records since '76

Bostocks in the Arndale and the mighty Yanks of course were my go-to places for rock.
When it came to dance it was Spin Inn and Eastern.
But like others I did book a few concert + coach packages from Piccadilly in the days when the biggest bands only played Wembley Arena and the NEC in Brum.
Yes Bostocks and Yanks were my regular shops for cheap. rock albums. The album covers from Bostocks always seemed to be flimsy and poor quality. There used to be a stall on Church street where I bought second hand albums and also 78 records in Stockport swallowed a lot of my cash

Yes Bostocks and Yanks were my regular shops for cheap. rock albums. The album covers from Bostocks always seemed to be flimsy and poor quality. There used to be a stall on Church street where I bought second hand albums and also 78 records in Stockport swallowed a lot of my cash
I do recall buying any old discounted chart album from Bostocks for £1.99 then taking them to Boots and other record shops and swapping/“returning” them for a £5.99 album I actually wanted etc.
Oh what scams …

used to spend most Saturdays in there, buying records, looking at gigs and browsing the fanzines. Walked past with my youngest last week, was telling her how I used to spend most wages in the place. She noticed one of her favourite bands had an album in the window. So went in and she bought her first ever vinyl record. limited edition coloured vinyl by band called ducks ltd. Played it everyday since purchasing and is now hooked. Promised to take her back and take a trip to vinyl exchange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.