Premium bonds

Seeing as you are giving out free advice :) what do you think of nutmeg stocks and shares isa?
Yeah they’re ok, funds are held by Barclays if I remember correctly. You’d be as well just choosing Hargreaves Landsdowne for your ISA (but they’ll be much of a muchness) and stick the underlying funds in S&P500 and FTSE ETF’s (tracker funds) - again so long as your time horizon is five years plus and you’re prepared that some years - or longer periods - may see little or no growth and can go down as well as up.

But if you’re sticking the cash in there for ten years then historically, you’d always have done better doing that than cash or property.

^^^^Ps - personal opinion and not financial advice etc etc

33, to be honest it's only in there because (embarrassingly) I'm too lazy to dig the paperwork out to move it somewhere else.
£5,000 into S&P500 23 years ago with dividends reinvested would be £44,500 now…

So you know, do the paperwork.

:-)

Premium bonds are meant to be paying 4.9% PA on average, it is just a raffle for the interest, and if some win big others get nowt. That is less than easy access savings account, but was better in the past when interest rates were next to zero.

Reminds me of the BMX lucky bags.

Yeah they’re ok, funds are held by Barclays if I remember correctly. You’d be as well just choosing Hargreaves Landsdowne for your ISA (but they’ll be much of a muchness) and stick the underlying funds in S&P500 and FTSE ETF’s (tracker funds) - again so long as your time horizon is five years plus and you’re prepared that some years - or longer periods - may see little or no growth and can go down as well as up.

But if you’re sticking the cash in there for ten years then historically, you’d always have done better doing that than cash or property.

^^^^Ps - personal opinion and not financial advice etc etc
Whats your opinion on buying gold?

I got into buying it 2/3 years ago if i have a bit of spare money ill buy a krugerrand.

Bought for £1330 2/3 years ago ,worth £1590 (or there abouts) today, less what id lose for selling them (buyers profit etc)
I have no interest in selling them for about 20 years

Whats your opinion on buying gold?

I got into buying it 2/3 years ago if i have a bit of spare money ill buy a krugerrand.

Bought for £1330 2/3 years ago ,worth £1590 (or there abouts) today, less what id lose for selling them (buyers profit etc)
I have no interest in selling them for about 20 years
With inflation dropping and central bank rates likely following suit, my cash is split 60/40 equity/gilts for 2024.

Holding gold for 20 years will never be a bad shout though. If fact holding anything other than cash is a great idea if you keep your head and continue to hold through any poor periods.

Another £175 this morning between me and the Mrs. on premium bonds.
That’s £475 in 2024 so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.