Running thread

Good going, mate - I can only dream of a 38 min 10K!

Started my training again for the GMR half marathon today and I'm way off the pace. Notwithstanding that I got a PB last year (1:43 if you must know...) I'd be happy with under 1:50 this year. In my defence, I am a 55 year old FOC.
You've got 12 weeks until the gm half, plenty of time to get some good training in

About 4 or 5 weeks ago I started coasting on easy street, running 4 or 5 k instead of my 6s 8s and above. Then last Monday I went on a run and that was it until Saturday. Tuesday was City, Wednesday weather atrocious, Thursday and Friday I just cba. Then Saturday morning I had a word with myself and sorted my head out! 7k on Saturday, then 8k on Sunday. 5k today and now looking forward to tomorrow. Soz Gaz76 I won't let it happen again. haha.

About 4 or 5 weeks ago I started coasting on easy street, running 4 or 5 k instead of my 6s 8s and above. Then last Monday I went on a run and that was it until Saturday. Tuesday was City, Wednesday weather atrocious, Thursday and Friday I just cba. Then Saturday morning I had a word with myself and sorted my head out! 7k on Saturday, then 8k on Sunday. 5k today and now looking forward to tomorrow. Soz Gaz76 I won't let it happen again. haha.

Nice one son!
Saturday mornings you should give Parkrun a go.

Nice one son!
Saturday mornings you should give Parkrun a go.
I done it twice before Xmas pal, but I usually work Saturday mornings. What I usually do sat and Sunday is do 8 / 10 k + runs because in the Week I walk over 10'000 steps at work,hence why only doing 5,6 and 7s during week. At least I've got my mojo back. :)

Chester 10k tomorrow, it's been a frustrating 3 months of training, illness and injury have been massively disruptive.

It'll be a fitness test 5 weeks before the marathon, I'll take anything below 45mins, bit frustrating after going under 42 in November.

Fuckin hamstring! :( Flying I was, then on Thursday I did a 7k after work and I felt it twinge about 3 in :( Not totally fucked, but last night in bed I got the dreaded tooth ache sensation:( I'm hoping I can shake it off in a few days.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.