PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'll take the self-publicist remark as a compliment, although I've never set out to promote my "brand" over my mission of demystifying football finance and defending City's corner. You've been a staunch ally in that latter cause and I think we've earned our reputation as two of the leading City financial figures.

But I'm most surprised at the toolkit comment. I started on that road when Khaldoon mentioned at the time of the 2014 settlement that the beef with UEFA was over the treatment of wages.

I did a forensic deep-dive into the FFP regulations, including the toolkit, and I've documented the change from version 1 of the toolkit dealing with eligible wage deductions to version 2. It's unarguable that there was a material change in a key part of the basis of calculation. I clearly demonstrated this with screenshots of the 'before' and 'after'.

I worked with Swiss Ramble, whose sources at UEFA were invaluable in accurately identifying some of the key figures, and we agreed the calculations. I knew the figures that had been agreed between City & UEFA. Professor Rob Wilson at Sheffield Hallam reviewed my work and accepted it.

Furthermore I've had indications from the club that I was on the right lines. So I'm fully confident in my work. I therefore think your choice not to believe it reflects on you, not me.

Edit: here's a link to the piece I did on this. Please note that the reference to not collaborating with Swiss Ramble only refers to the piece he wrote on this. We did collaborate on the initial investigations into City's attempt to mitigate the impact of their losses for the first FFP assessment.

I thought the piece was very good and well researched as it happens. But I don't believe that it is what happened. I've told you before I wasn't convinced about the toolkit. Likewise, it is completely possible I am totally wrong on it. Like so much of this super historic stuff, its just generally irrelevant though - its gone.

I thought the piece was very good and well researched as it happens. But I don't believe that it is what happened. I've told you before I wasn't convinced about the toolkit. Likewise, it is completely possible I am totally wrong on it. Like so much of this super historic stuff, its just generally irrelevant though - its gone.
Whatever, it’s good to have both you and PB with both your differing educated and nuanced input’s, if we all agreed we’d be the cult and echo chamber that is RAWK/most social media.

Note: also shout out to the other major contributors, of a far higher intelligence than most of us. I could list them, but ill miss some off, so I won’t.

• Amid all the growing scrutiny on clubs' spending, the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability Rules have been designed to keep some form of control.
  • The likes of Everton, Manchester City, Chelsea and Nottingham Forest are among the clubs to be sailing dangerously close to the line.
  • Now, GIVEMESPORT has taken a look at every Premier League club's PSR status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.