Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Credit to Ortega who put a fine display in. Some good defending and we had our share of chances. Liverpool are very good.

We lacked composure that was very unusual for us. Ake dropped a clanger. I was more irritated with him jogging towards the ball than his underbite back pass. Yes I was happier when Alvarez went off but Julian has been very good for most of the season. Like Ake has.

Well happy with a point in the end.

They dictated the pace and the play and even though we were the better team in the 1st half, they over-ran us in the 2nd half until Kovacic came on and we were lucky not to lose that.

I was surprised that Alvarez and Akanji started and wonder what Dias has done not to play in that game at all. We looked loose in all phases and we needed a stronger presence in midfield and on Nunez.

I thought Alvarez was our worst performer and Bernardo had his worst game of the season for me and was surprised he wasn't subbed instead of Kev.

Walker, even though his crossing was crap, was our best defender over the whole game i thought and he saved us on occasions.

Overall i think Pep over-thought the lineup, like previous games there. I'm not sure why he seems to get it wrong, almost gets intimidated, playing there

I'm glad we have a week off now as we need to re-focus because we need to improve if we want to win it again this season.

If we don't win the league this season, itwon't be because we only drew at Anfield. Decent result in any title chasing season.
This is true, but we also knew going in that we have thrown away points to Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea at home.
We lack the ruthlessnes this season, the only thing that maybe can save us is the fact that Arsenal and Liverpool really aren't that good

Good post. We’re lacking a pair of top class wingers. Phil as we know is best when played central, Doku is just awful and Grealish is just okay. Pep has been forced to play Phil wide and while he’s been performing well we look disjointed elsewhere. In contrast, Arsenal have the best balanced team with no weaknesses and that’s why they’ll win it ahead of Liverpool.
I do think Grealish is a top player when he’s absolutely on it, but his weaker form and injuries this season has left us short of quality with Mahrez going as well and Bernado being below par in a lot of games.

I agree completely that we need two top class wingers, alongside a top midfielder. Hopefully Gvardiol can come through next season as well because I was expecting more from him to be honest.

Lots to be positive about, 1 point behind with 10 left to play. Liverpool failed to beat us this season and if we go on to win the league this will be seen as a point gained.

We're masters at this stage of the season and plenty of reasons to feel confident.

Did I really hear Gary Neville say ‘you don’t poke the bear’ in commentary.

Does the knob jockey really realise who we are?

I nearly put my foot through the screen when he said that. He really is a massive bellend

If we don't win the league this season, itwon't be because we only drew at Anfield. Decent result in any title chasing season.
But in the context of how weakened the dippers were -with 5 of their strongest 11 not starting- and after going ahead and being relatively comfortable in the first half its a big two points dropped. They were there to be beaten today and for some reason we chose to slow up instead of going to kill it in the first half.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.