Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

That was shit to be honest and this shoehorning Alvarez in has to stop asap! Kovacic should have started but with their injuries currently and us going one up that really was a truly shit performance again at that fucking ground! We should have been putting them to the sword but again our big players done nothing besides Kev taking that corner. Lucky at the end as well but this team isn’t firing at all and in current form the Arse will fancy taking us apart
Stop talking shit, Liverpool played fantastic second half and a point for us is a good result.

I get that but you also have to factor in our record there as well as the fact that a lot has been made of the players they missed whilst forgetting they still had a competent team

You asked why people were so disappointed with a draw, that's the reason. Of course they're still a strong side and Anfield is a horrible place to go,but they had a rookie defence and we didn't put it under enough pressure.e

Pep should have had Kovacic in midfield from the off. Once he came on we regained a bit of control. Doku, although he's a risk, gave them more to worry about than a poor Alvarez. Kev is 33 and had a bad injury. He needs good legs around him. He still created our goal and Fodens great chance which he sadly missed. I'm made up he threw a strop when he was subbed it shows how much he cares.

Well happy with a point in the end.

They dictated the pace and the play and even though we were the better team in the 1st half, they over-ran us in the 2nd half until Kovacic came on and we were lucky not to lose that.

I was surprised that Alvarez and Akanji started and wonder what Dias has done not to play in that game at all. We looked loose in all phases and we needed a stronger presence in midfield and on Nunez.

I thought Alvarez was our worst performer and Bernardo had his worst game of the season for me and was surprised he wasn't subbed instead of Kev.

Walker, even though his crossing was crap, was our best defender over the whole game i thought and he saved us on occasions.

Overall i think Pep over-thought the lineup, like previous games there. I'm not sure why he seems to get it wrong, almost gets intimidated, playing there

I'm glad we have a week off now as we need to re-focus because we need to improve if we want to win it again this season.

Akanji did nothing wrong. Dias is a bit slow for Nunez.

Bernardo was average for his standards but even when he plays like that he is far more likely to keep the ball rolling than the front 4 (Haaland Kevin, Foden and Alvarez). Our main problem was we struggled to keep the ball. Subbing Bernardo off wasn't going to help us solve the problem.

about time we went that place and was given some luck 90% of the time we would have taken 0 points for that second half collapse

Reactions: PPT
On the train out of Lime St, happy enough with the point, don't think we were as bad as some of the posts on here. Midfield was a bit "leggy" in the 2nd half but as we rarely survive that kind of pressure at Anfield I'll credit us for seeing it out. If only Doku's effort had bounced the other way.
Plenty to play for, Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.