Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I've received a reply to my question from City.

'They say if you are 65 years old on the renewal date, you will not qualify for the discount, but you will receive the discount for any cup tickets you buy after you reach 66 years during the same season.

You have to be aged 66 at the renewal date to qualify for the discount on your seasoncard, which is how it has been applied in my case.
I'll check with the MIL but I'm certain she got it at 65+

Any blues that can help here with live examples, doesn't feel right to me

Last edited:
I'll check with the MIL but I'm certain she got it at 65+

Any blues that can help here with love examples, doesn't feel right to me
I've had a bit of time to think about the 2 replies I've had now, and I'm still confused. I pointed out that last season I paid full price for the seasoncard, but I received the discount when I bought a ticket for the Real Madrid game. The reply said this was because I had reached the age of 66 at that point, but it was 2 months before my birhtday and I was still 65 at the time.

I'll phone them up tomorrow for some clarification.

I've had a bit of time to think about the 2 replies I've had now, and I'm still confused. I pointed out that last season I paid full price for the seasoncard, but I received the discount when I bought a ticket for the Real Madrid game. The reply said this was because I had reached the age of 66 at that point, but it was 2 months before my birhtday and I was still 65 at the time.

If you don't feel you are getting the right information then maybe contact Mike Ash, the over 65s City Matters rep. He's very helpful. Looking at the FAQs if you are 65 on August 1st in renewal year your should get the concession. My birthday is in June and I got it for my 65th birthday.

Michael Ash <michael.ash@citymatters.co.uk>

Your age on 1st August in the renewal year determines which of the categories below applies to you:

• Junior (18 years and under)
  • 18-21 years
  • Adult (22 -64 years)
  • Senior’s (65 years and over)
  • Disabled

My advice would be to get the email address of the relevant person, rather than phoning.

You can phone three times and ask the same question and get three different answers. At least some of them are agency staff and just wing any queries they get, with the first thing that comes into their head.

The last time I phoned up, the person who answered was working from home and couldn’t shut his dog up from barking. I thought he was telling me to shut up at least three times. In fact, maybe he was.

My advice would be to get the email address of the relevant person, rather than phoning.

You can phone three times and ask the same question and get three different answers. At least some of them are agency staff and just wing any queries they get, with the first thing that comes into their head.

The last time I phoned up, the person who answered was working from home and couldn’t shut his dog up from barking. I thought he was telling me to shut up at least three times. In fact, maybe he was.
I've had this....same questions - different answers from different staff.......very confusing

It’s all here IMG_2789.jpeg

I've had this....same questions - different answers from different staff.......very confusing

I once phoned up. Got transferred to the relevant dept. and spent a confusing few minutes with me repeatedly giving my supporter number and the guy asking me to repeat it as that number doesn’t exist.

Before he finally asked me to clarify which team I support and then apologised and said I’d been put through on the West Ham line.

I can only conclude that these people are working for an agency that are simultaneously taking calls directed from numerous clubs. So it’s hardly surprising they don’t know the ins and outs.

I once phoned up. Got transferred to the relevant dept. and spent a confusing few minutes with me repeatedly giving my supporter number and the guy asking me to repeat it as that number doesn’t exist.

Before he finally asked me to clarify which team I support and then apologised and said I’d been put through on the West Ham line.

I can only conclude that these people are working for an agency that are simultaneously taking calls directed from numerous clubs. So it’s hardly surprising they don’t know the ins and outs.
That's shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.