Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I might not have worded it brilliantly but the point im trying to make is having previously shown such a strong mentality to win all these trophies I wish it could have been shown in that second half today. We wilted I dont think anyone can deny that
We weren’t good, that’s for sure, but you can’t win every game. Anfield is a very tough place to go to, regardless of what team they put out. To question the mentality of this group of players is absurd though.

I did a little bit of daft analysis on each teams remaining fixtures

If you list all the teams City / Liverpool and Arsenal have to play and measure them based on league position - City have marginally the easier run in (based on todays league table)

City - 87
Liverpool - 85
Arsenal - 83
(Higher number indicates playing lower in the league opposition)

When you break that out between home and away - you get a really interesting thing

City have much harder home games (39) than away games (48)

Liverpool and Arsenal have much easier home games and much harder away games - Liverpools is 56H 29A arsenals is 51H 32A

It’s a fair assumption that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will drop relatively few points at home - the title is likely to be won/lost on Liverpool/Arsenals away form
Of course this also doesn’t factor in the wildcard that CL fixtures will introduce - so that draw is likely to also be instrumental to ours and Arsenals chances

Not good enough today, literally crumbled after the Ake mistake. Can't let one mistake cause you to fall apart but it did.

Both disappointed but relieved with a point.

However... It SHOULDN'T have come to this. It's on those fucking shoddy mid season draws that meant a draw today was a disappointing result.

Crystal Palace, Chelsea, Spurs and the twats we played today at home. That's where the blame lies. 8 points we squandered in those 4 games. Not saying we should have won all those games and thus be 7 points clear but had we won 1 or 2 of those instead of draw (which we really should have done), a draw today would have been a GREAT result.

We've only ourselves to blame when you look at the bigger picture...

We have to win every game in the PL to retain the title in my view. The margins are that fine.

I'd love us to do it but Jesus Christ we've made it way harder and way more energy sapping as a result. I just can't see a treble repeat as a result. The only reason we cleaned up last season was because Arsenal choked, thus giving us 2 weeks to freshen up. We won't have this this year. Something's got to give. I just hope I'm wrong.

Not good enough today, literally crumbled after the Ake mistake. Can't let one mistake cause you to fall apart but it did.

However... It SHOULDN'T have come to this. It's on those fucking shoddy mid season draws that meant a draw today was a disappointing result.

Crystal Palace, Chelsea, Spurs and the twats we played today at home. That's where the blame lies. 8 points we squandered in those 4 games. Not saying we should have won all those games and thus be 7 points clear but had we won 1 or 2 of those instead of draw (which we really should have done), a draw today would have been a GREAT result.

We have to win every game in the PL to retain the title in my view. The margins are that fine.

I'd love us to do it but Jesus Christ we've made it way harder and way more energy sapping as a result. I just can't see a treble repeat as a result. The only reason we cleaned up last season was because Arsenal choked, thus giving us 2 weeks to freshen up. We won't have this this year. Something's got to give. I just hope I'm wrong.
What makes you think Arsenal won’t choke ?
As soon as the pressure bites - I suspect they will (if they don’t fair play to them)

Another treble is unrealistic - possible - but its
Not going to happen even if we were playing better

Lot of good sides left in that though too. Real business end of season now and we absolutely must cut out these sloppy goals.

We just don’t look as on it to me this season. We are getting wins but something is missing, particularly in games where sides give us no time on the ball and who can turn defence into attack quickly. Our midfield was absolutely overrun at times today.
Gundog and Mahrez

Egypt already agreed to Salah not being called up in the break now for 2 games. how nice haha

now Southgate to offer the same the fucker probably makes Grealish to travel down to make a test on him personally...

Given that we’re only one point off the top, then Liverpool and Arsenal must’ve had similar results to the ones you mentioned that they rue as well.

Lot of good sides left in that though too. Real business end of season now and we absolutely must cut out these sloppy goals.

We just don’t look as on it to me this season. We are getting wins but something is missing, particularly in games where sides give us no time on the ball and who can turn defence into attack quickly. Our midfield was absolutely overrun at times today.
No Gundogan. The last 2 years in particular, he's been emphatic. Had we had him today we would have won.

We weren’t good, that’s for sure, but you can’t win every game. Anfield is a very tough place to go to, regardless of what team they put out. To question the mentality of this group of players is absurd though.
I agree however in the circumstances today was a huge chance to win there, I believe we had the ability to do so in the starting 11.
I'm not questioning the mentality in general, how could anyone? I'm saying in my opinion we showed a distinct lack of mentality in the second half today, we were all over the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.