The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
happy to be in the race but I can't see us doing it this season, the others keep grinding win and we'll drop more points than them with our performances. spurs away for example no chance we'll come up with three points.

can't win it every year tho. next year again with renewed hunger for pep's last season - we will be there

Our second hand performance, after they scored and we were on the ropes for twenty minutes, may have saved our season.

Think if we lose to Arsenal it’s going to be very difficult, given there are two teams we would be chasing down. A draw wouldn’t be great, but not a disaster. Win, and I think we’re favourites. It’s a fucking huge game.
We need to build this Arsenal game, it’s potentially a season defining game, and it needs to be an absolute bear pit. There’s a lot of time between now & then, and I’d like the club & supporter groups to really push it. Last season we bullied them on & off the pitch, we were angry, and we need some of that for this game

happy to be in the race but I can't see us doing it this season, the others keep grinding win and we'll drop more points than them with our performances. spurs away for example no chance we'll come up with three points.

can't win it every year tho. next year again with renewed hunger for pep's last season - we will be there
Don’t we all play Spurs ? Just checked, we play em first, we win that and it puts massive pressure on the other two plus Spurs

That’s disappointing to hear, I think Liverpool may probably edge it now, was definitely a huge missed opportunity yesterday, do feel deflated but it’s far from over

Yep, I agree. I could have put up with the result but the performance was weak. It was one of those games when Liverpool kept getting the bounce of the ball. That being said, I though they worked harder than us.

I'm really surprised we're in the mix for the 3 big one's again this season as I thought after winning the treble last year there would be a natural drop off and we'd take this season to take stock and recharge for the season after but this team and this manager are relentless, they just don't know when they are done.

I'm really surprised we're in the mix for the 3 big one's again this season as I thought after winning the treble last year there would be a natural drop off and we'd take this season to take stock and recharge for the season after but this team and this manager are relentless, they just don't know when they are done.

Spot on.

More City fans on here should see that the very fact we have a chance in March to win another Treble after winning the Treble in the previous season is already incredible. Hats off to the players and the manager.

Maybe pal but I can see the difference between this team and last year.
You do know out of the last 20 games we've won 18 and drew two. Just saying. We need to calm down we still got a point yesterday, probably didn't deserve it but we still didn't lose at the hardest ground to go to in the league. If we don't win it this season that's the way it goes, no team wins it every season. There is areason no club has done 4 on the trot because its hard . We are one point behind and still all to play for.

3rd May 2014, after 36 games.

Man City 80
Liverpool 80
Chelsea 78

Strangely people forget Chelsea were so close, but City won their next game, while Chelsea drew (as did Liverpool), so they were out of it before the final day.

My feeling is the table will look like this after 36 games this season, maybe the teams will have 1-2 pts more than back then.

Liverpool - 63 points​
City - 62 points​
Arsenal - 58 points​
Sheff Utd (A)
City (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brentford (H)
Everton (A) - Date TBD
Brighton (A) - Date TBD
Chelsea (H) - Date TBD
Brighton (H)
Arsenal (H)
City (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
United (A)
Palace (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (H)
Luton (H)
Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Spurs (A)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (A)
Spurs (H)
Wolves (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
United (A)
Wolves (H)
West Ham (H)
Everton (H)

That's how I see it, we have the slightly harder fixtures but easier finish to the season. Arsenal and Liverpool want to be ahead by the end of April.

Liverpool have the easiest games left. If they continue to get the decisions on top of that, they should walk it.

As predicted so far, 2 wins for Arsenal and a potential for City and Liverpool to drop points against each other.

Next period for Liverpool looks easier, need to stay in touch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.