Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Jota would play over Elliott and Thiago plays over Endo.
So 50% of their best side missing, only Jack for us.
Thiago is permanently injured and pretty slow. So no real miss there
Kelleher better than Allison
And Arnold infinitely worse defender than Bradley

The only misses were Konate and Salah for 60 mins. We definitely missed Jack as Alvarez was probably our worst player, giving the ball away constantly and creating very little. We should have put Phil or Bernardo out on the left with Kovacic starting at #8.

was really noticeable how liverpool's play acting increase dramatically when Salah and robertson came on.
I think that's why the doku thing was brushed aside so quickly. In the few minutes prior Salah and go had been going down in and around the box like they'd been shot.

We won the treble last season. I could dine on that for life. The players won it having already won the league twice in a row. The standards and consistency have been absolutely incredible. We beat the rags in the FA Cup final as part of it. It hasn't fully sunk in how spectacular it has been, and I'm looking forwards to the documentary to bask in that glory again. For the players, it's been a monumental effort to follow that up with the standards again this season. We're right in it yet again. We've had De Bruyne out for much of the season. Bernardo, Grealish, Stones missing at times. And Rodri suspended. Our club captain went in the summer and Mahrez who delivered a number of goals and assists too.

We've broken so many records with this side. No one has ever won 4 league titles in a row. It's fucking hard. And we're right there with a chance to do it. And to retain the CL. And to retain the FA Cup. You couldn't ask for more as a City fan. We could have played better yesterday, the side Pep picked maybe wasn't right. But it's Anfield and a point is a good result. We've had some bad results and missed opportunities but no different to previous campaigns. Beat Newcastle and we're back at Wembley in the Cup. We'll know our CL opposition and that is likely to be tough unless it's Dortmund/PSV. But it was tough last year. Next up is Arsenal in the league. Feels like win or bust. So let's fucking win.
Great Post, you cannot believe what this side has given us, we got a draw, we could have won we could have lost, its football, happy with a point and move on, some on here would never have got through the dark days...

I’m damned sure when we played at the Etihad earlier in the season we didn’t have the full 24 hour looped replay of the Akanji goal where the whole planet agreed it shouldn’t have been disallowed, nor the totally disregarded other Alisson mishap where he dropped the ball over the line after another Akanji challenge where he was barely touched.
You do realise you are talking about the best goalkeeper in the world dont you ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.