Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

As would David Silva. I remember the game there when Micah managed to crock Vinny in training just before the game and Vinny played but was clearly not fully fit. We went 2 goals behind IIRC and than David stepped up and absolutely ran the show from then on. A totally imperious performance from him. Until Vinny fucked up a clearance and we lost in the end, as usual at that place.

Remember it so well. Merlin was himself that day — the best midfielder in the world. But Sergio was his second-in-command, and was playing superbly, too.
Was devastated by that mistake at the end. We absolutely had them on the run in the second half.
That is exactly why we should be quietly very pleased about that result on Sunday. There was not the usual horrendous fuck-up that results in a defeat. Three years ago, at the height of the Mané-Salah-Firmino trio, we're losing that match all day long. And by a couple of clear goals, at least.

No. What annoys me more and more is the match at the Etihad this season. We were better than them by some distance. We really should have taken the three points there. As we should definitely have taken a point at the Emirates. The fuck-ups have been there.
Oh… and Tottenham. And Chelsea. And Crystal Palace. The astonishing thing is that we are where we are, i.e. still in the argument.

Last edited:
I've watched the Doku penalty incident about 100 times today. I'm still unsure.

And that is probably why var has stayed with the on field decision . Flipping close though. I do wonder how I would feel if that was Robertson on Foden....

What I am sure about is the indecision to head the thing in the first place was mental.
Oliver wasn't prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. Earlier on Salah went down and it became evident they were looking for a penalty in desperate circumstances.

It likely influenced his thinking in the end so they got what they deserved, nothing. We've been there ourselves when we couldn't break teams down.

Well, of course, I'm inviting exactly that kind of innuendo. Because we all like to think it must be that.
But again: do you really believe that stuff about drugs and medicines? Hand on heart?
Do you believe 3/4 of their squad is asthmatic?
There's not a squad on the planet that runs around so manically as Bingo's as he has few other options. To physically do that in the PL means pushing the boundaries, even more so in 4 comps. It all comes crashing down the following season as there's only so far you can get on inhalers

Erm, wasn't the 1996 game a 4-1 defeat? Rosler in the first minute then a total collapse.
No joy selling fanzines after that game but got some interesting suggestion as to where I could shove them.
Yeah, not sure why I wrote win. We were bobbins that day. They did us at home in the return.

Truly dark times.

Great Post, you cannot believe what this side has given us, we got a draw, we could have won we could have lost, its football, happy with a point and move on, some on here would never have got through the dark days...
Been watching our club since the 60s. Some of our so-called fans make idiotic comments. This team (and previous incarnations) has given the Prem the best football and the greatest football moment ever seen on these islands. The guys are human and even though some way below our colossal best on Sunday, we had more clear cut chances to win the game than Liverpool (playing it like a cup final) and scoring a gem of a goal to take the lead. Liverpool relied on a pen that we gifted them.

On another forum I've been arguing with another of our 'fans' who is adamant that we were 'dreadful' second half 'lacking character and determination'. I've been telling him that second half we were way below our awesome best and made some uncharacteristic unforced errors but that doesn't equate to 'dreadful' and 'lacking character and determination'. Character pulled us through that game - without it we would could have lost, and we didn't.

Gary Nev clearly wanted a hated rival to lose - he didn't get his wish.

Been watching our club since the 60s. Some of our so-called fans make idiotic comments. This team (and previous incarnations) has given the Prem the best football and the greatest football moment ever seen on these islands. The guys are human and even though some way below our colossal best on Sunday, we had more clear cut chances to win the game than Liverpool (playing it like a cup final) and scoring a gem of a goal to take the lead. Liverpool relied on a pen that we gifted them.

On another forum I've been arguing with another of our 'fans' who is adamant that we were 'dreadful' second half 'lacking character and determination'. I've been telling him that second half we were way below our awesome best and made some uncharacteristic unforced errors but that doesn't equate to 'dreadful' and 'lacking character and determination'. Character pulled us through that game - without it we would could have lost, and we didn't.

Gary Nev clearly wanted a hated rival to lose - he didn't get his wish.
A rag said to me in work yesterday "you lot were lucky you got battered".
I said "6 shots apiece on target, Duko's hitting the post doesn't count and 53% to 47% possession really doesn't equate to a battering does it?"
"Now if you want to talk about a battering let's talk about the Derby last week.
27 shots to your 3
8 on target to your 1
73% to 27% possession
And a 3-1 final score.
Now that is a battering
So tattyfuck".
Another fucking idiot spoon-fed by the red machined media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.