9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He was absent for several weeks through injury, and teams like Bournemouth, Everton and United just put eleven men in the penalty area. Haaland unpicked United anyway at the end, but you can’t expect miracles all the time
You mean Brentford because Bournemouth actually outplayed City in the second half.

How can you possibly say a twenty three year old will not be at the level of anyone else ten years older , really strange view
Not when it comes to things like touch.. that's developed from age of 6 not many really improve post mid 20's in that vital area

His impact? People want to debate Erling Haalands impact since he came to the club?
Crack on..
I think goals v bottom sides should be considered and weighed up. Don't get me wrong ive said in so many posts i think he's the worlds best....when running at goal. Unbelievable how good he is in that situation. I just think we are better as a team overloading midfield, deep runners and false 9. Thats all

I agree, he played fewer 90 mins last season when he was more agile. But again, it may be Pep's new tactics to play him in 90 mins in eco mode aswell. If it suits his new plans using him differently. Things are not bad, we are mostly winning and that is even with a lot of questionable ref decisions.
We play him for 90 mins because we don’t have anyone else to bring on and that is the problem . The best team in the world and we have just one centre forward and young up and coming Julian alveraz who should be used to come on when Haaland is tired or can’t get into the game but he can’t because he’s already been hooked off for playing shit in a position which is alien to him I mean it’s a genius idea .

We play him for 90 mins because we don’t have anyone else to bring on and that is the problem . The best team in the world and we have just one centre forward and young up and coming Julian alveraz who should be used to come on when Haaland is tired or can’t get into the game but he can’t because he’s already been hooked off for playing shit in a position which is alien to him I mean it’s a genius idea .
Alvarez is actually a year older than Haaland! ;-)

I think goals v bottom sides should be considered and weighed up. Don't get me wrong ive said in so many posts i think he's the worlds best....when running at goal. Unbelievable how good he is in that situation. I just think we are better as a team overloading midfield, deep runners and false 9. Thats all

My thoughts exactly.

Just to put some meat on the bones with this argument that we are better with a false 9.
We played that way for the best part of two seasons and whist winning the league we never came close to a treble which was achieved in Haalands first season.
We could possibly do it again this year. So yeah, you might prefer that way but saying it’s more successful is as much bullshit as trying to claim that Haaland is an issue.

Well Pep knows, understands and has won more than any other coach using a false 9. So if he thinks we are better with a centre forward when he has a false 9 option then chances are we are, and I'm a fan of a good false 9 system.
Haaland despite missing a chunk is still the P/L leading scorer and is probably going to hit 40 plus again.

Totally agree with this. It seems that every time we're linked to a player it seems to be yet another midfielder. We never seem to be linked to a striker, I know Pep has a love of midfielders, but we definitely need another striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.