Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
would you not rather take real/atletico out over two legs like last year opposed to playing them in a one off final?

Know what i'd prefer
I’d rather have easier draws that potentially mean less pressure on the squad in the heat of the title race than tough midweek action four weeks out of five. The games against Atletico a couple of years ago were brutal.
We got away with it last season but not sure we would again. Let the other strong teams play each other in QF and SF and give us easiest route to the final. We can worry about that once we hopefully get there.

Last edited:
We can beat any and all of them over two legs, but better to avoid a war agin Red Mad Rid.

One off finals are tricky at this level as demonstrated in Istanbul,however.....we found a way in a very tight 95 minute match.

No one wants to draw us and the bookies make us favourites for a reason.

We can play much better more consistently and if we do it could be ours again.

Fine margins !!

True but then If Real Madrid play Arsenal then that’s one them gone without us lifting a finger.
Yeah true. So I think combining both schools of thought, the clear best outcome would be we get Dortmund and then play the winner of Madrid and Arsenal in the semis. Then take our chances in a one-off final v someone like Bayern, Barca or PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.