11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Was slightly nervous when he dropped to be a number 6 in our build up and received the ball facing our goal, but he did well.

Even Haaland gave it a go too!

Had a good game tonight. I think he needs to pick his head up a bit more. Haarland made a few runs in the first half that Doku really should have picked out.

Great idea to let him play in the mid with a lot of freedom vs the defence of big butchers who had problems to stop his quick dribbles, very good first half!
Thought he ran out of steam a bit and played LW 2nd half, when we closed the match for more control.

Great tactical option. Hope we'll see more of that vs similar opponents.

The Bald Fraud finally managed to put him in an effective position instead of sticking him out on the wing facing 3/4 defenders ;-)

Joking aside, put a shift in & was a constant menace to the Geordies when playing this so called false-winger position dropping in the spaces & ball carrying into midfield.

As others have mentioned needs to work on his final production & I’m sure with time & the right attitude will get there.

Had the most off ball runs in any match played so far. He can be twice as dangerous if he looks for pockets like this all the time. But his chemistry with Haaland is clearly a problem, they are not reading each other well. And so is his stamina, he was clearly gassed out by the hour mark as usual. I like that he isn't a statpadder but in a game like this where chances emerge for you, you should try to score until the end. And lift your damn head when people are making runs in front of you. It feels like hes not capable of picking out a pass when hes running at full speed despite his passing technique being pretty solid.

All in all, not great, not terrible, which is how his season is in general. You wonder how a few things going right for him could have changed his season: a goal against Liverpool instead of the post, same against Tottenham, couple of tap ins that Haaland doesn't miss... he would have probably gone from strentgh to strength. Hopefully next year the real Doku will arrive. Its a hard season for him physically and mentally, I don't feel like he's enjoying himself very much and Im not sure being reined in by Pep and having his instincts curbed so that he becomes a functional cog in the machine is the best way to develop him, but lets see.

His end product makes Sterling look like Pele. He’s nowhere near good enough in the final third.

That said, if he can improve his end product and keep the rest of his natural ability, he could produce numbers like Saka or even Salah.

He’s frustrating but exciting in equal measure.
You've been told already, but I'll let you know again, he's 21.

Can't help think that his blistering start is almost hindering him, he was always a work in progress signing, like most of out wingers. If Pep can sort that final ball we have a great player.

Looked far better today, picking the ball up deep and running well with the ball, final pass/shot is poor, but that will come and when it does he will be a proper top player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.