Champions League - QF: Real Madrid, SF: Arsenal/Bayern, (H) for 2nd legs

Who do you want in the Quarter Final?

• Total voters
Back on the forum after nearly 6 months.
Sad what could have been an awesome Final is now a Quarter Final.
Anyways - our season has been fairly meh despite us leading by 7pts.

Aug/Sep -
Season ending injuries for our starting CBs and GK.
Very lackluster, leggy, slow and pedestrian performances.
Huge gaps in midfield put pressure on DM and backup CMs. Bailed out by a brilliant Jude and lucky that our opps couldn't score.
Vini & Rodrygo play too wide and Jude regularly drops deep which means for large periods of the game, opposing CBs are unoccupied.
The 3-0 loss against Atletico was our true level.
Took us two months to learn the new diamond formation.

Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan -
Solid 3 months of good football.
Midfield had learned to become compact.
No more kamikaze-style runs by fullbacks - one always stays back to make a midfield 3: generally Mendy-and 2 out of Kroos/Tchou/Modric/Cama.

Feb -
The team goes back to playing lackluster football. This season Carlo has not been rotating the team well and it shows with some of the injuries and leggy performances.

Mar/Now -
Solid start to the month with a 4-0 victory. Hopefully this is the beginning of an upcycle.

Going forward:

Madrid....................City

Osasuna (A, 10th)...... Newcastle (H, QF, 10th)
Bilbao (H, 5th)..........Arsenal (H, 1st)
............................Villa (H, 4th)
............................Palace (A, 14th)
....................RM v City
Mallorca (A, 15th)......Luton (H, 18th)
....................City v RM
Barca (H, 3rd)..........Tottenham (A, 5th)

You are the favorites but you also:
  1. have a greater mental/physical exhaustion of being in a 3-way title race compared to us.
  2. have 2 challenging games with little rest before the first leg and even Luton will fight like hell before the second leg.
  3. 2 extra games before the first leg.
  4. are somehow less scary than last season. Haaland/Alvarez/Silva look a level below this season. The only player who has gone up a level is Foden.
I'd say the ties are 52-48 in favor of City.

I haven't trawled through all of this thread since the draw was made so apologies if this has already been mentioned but should we get past Madrid, there are Take That gigs at Co-Op Live on both of the nights (Tuesday and Wednesday) that the home SF second leg could be played.
That could make it a fun experience getting to and from the game....

I was telling my local steward about this at half time yesterday and some guy overheard and butted in saying he’s working on the new arena and there’s not a chance in a million years that it’s going to be ready by then.

He says they’re got 4,500 blokes working on site daily, trying to catch up but they’re miles behind.

I’ve never seen the bloke before in my life, so obviously have no idea if he’s chatting shit or not.

I was telling my local steward about this at half time yesterday and some guy overheard and butted in saying he’s working on the new arena and there’s not a chance in a million years that it’s going to be ready by then.

He says they’re got 4,500 blokes working on site daily, trying to catch up but they’re miles behind.

I’ve never seen the bloke before in my life, so obviously have no idea if he’s chatting shit or not.
Interesting. Time will tell if he’s right!

Apologies if this has already been answered, but for those who went last year - how hot were they on the 'names on tickets' thing? I saw Union Berlin said the same applied for their away ticket details.
Tickets we received last year didn’t even have names on you wrote them on. They do check but not that closely the times I have been and plenty of rubbing out and namechanging going on with success

Heard similar off a mate of mine who’s working on it, last week he said they had 190 fire doors to fit, no chance of it been ready, they’ll have to do safety certification before it can go live, they’ve git about 4 weeks until Peter Kay haven’t they ?

If you see him again, let him know we can give the Take That lads 10 mins at half time if the COOP is not ready.

Apologies if already posted. If it’s us v Arsenal in the semis, do we know if the away leg is on the Tuesday or Wednesday or do we have to wait to see if we both qualify first?
According to UEFA it will be decided in the 18th April after the quarters are done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.