11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

That's more like the Doku we've seen! He deosn't have to beat his man in the box everytime, just get the ball up the pitch and allow support to arrive in attack.

Thought he had a game, and took the game to them early on which set the pace. The Newcastle defenders were frightened of him. Just needs to resolve his end product but it will come.

Now that I rewatched the highlights, both occasions when it seemed he missed a clear through ball to Haaland don't look that easy, the first one was really a split second decision where he wanted to get closer to the box before playing him, and then in the next split second he had to hold off the defender from behind, so the moment was lost. And the other one would have either been an over the top pass or he would have to be a Ronaldinho level passer to thread the needle.

There was another counterattack where he had Haaland on his left as a decoy and Foden on the right, where it also seemed he made a bad pass because it was intercepted, but actually the defender played it to perfection, was well positioned throughout, and also Foden didn't separate himself enough. Shame again, hes doing good work but he simply doesn't get any luck.

I don't know if the lack of connection between Haaland and Doku is more on Haaland or Doku. On one hand, Doku seems to be out of sync with him on the counter, so thats on him. But when he gets a ball inside from the left, Haaland is mostly sleeping. He should be making the run in the moment Doku gets by his defender, but he usually is too late. Doku sends the ball to dangerous areas where Haaland should be but hes not there. I don't see Pep working on fixing this until now tbh and he really should.

Now that I rewatched the highlights, both occasions when it seemed he missed a clear through ball to Haaland don't look that easy, the first one was really a split second decision where he wanted to get closer to the box before playing him, and then in the next split second he had to hold off the defender from behind, so the moment was lost. And the other one would have either been an over the top pass or he would have to be a Ronaldinho level passer to thread the needle.

There was another counterattack where he had Haaland on his left as a decoy and Foden on the right, where it also seemed he made a bad pass because it was intercepted, but actually the defender played it to perfection, was well positioned throughout, and also Foden didn't separate himself enough. Shame again, hes doing good work but he simply doesn't get any luck.

I don't know if the lack of connection between Haaland and Doku is more on Haaland or Doku. On one hand, Doku seems to be out of sync with him on the counter, so thats on him. But when he gets a ball inside from the left, Haaland is mostly sleeping. He should be making the run in the moment Doku gets by his defender, but he usually is too late. Doku sends the ball to dangerous areas where Haaland should be but hes not there. I don't see Pep working on fixing this until now tbh and he really should.
Who'd have thought you'd come up with that?

Oh...and if anyone fancies a genuinely pretty insightful (if I don't say so myself) dive into what we can expect from him I made this video last night looking into his stats. It's quite remarkable actually when you really look into it how much he resembles a young Sterling or Hazard.

Sorry, have to disagree with you but, I think he's miles better than Sterling ever was for us. So much quicker and definitely has the early burst, as was demonstrated by his performance on Saturday. It was phenominal.

Who'd have thought you'd come up with that?
Don’t know why we bother picking Haaland.
According to the BM braintrust he’s the reason behind all our failings.
Blaming him for another players issues might as well be added to the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.