PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I can’t lie, it’s fucking draining trying to explain to simpletons that Everton and Forest’s situations have been a totting up of losses over 3 years as submitted in their own fucking accounts and seeing whether that total is higher or lower than the permitted losses over that time period. They are therefore admitting guilt as the numbers are ripped straight from the audited accounts that they submitted.

In contrast, City’s accounts do not show losses greater than the permitted value. The allegation is that the accounts themselves are plain wrong due to fraud. City are therefore not admitting guilt as they maintain that the allegations are false. It’s really quite straightforward therefore to understand why City’s case has not reached its conclusion yet but even when you explain this, nobody is interested in listening. Cunts the lot of them.

The people who own these clubs don't care about winning things or making sure the fans are happy, what they want is a guaranteed return on their investments and to ensure that they allow the red tops to do what they want.

OK they might make a bit of noise to appease the fans once in a while but they are in cahoots making money by acquiescing and playing dumb.

Indeed, they came for the King and missed. Now, no rule they bring in can touch us without hurting themselves. Those saddled with 100's of millions of financial debt are dancing to the high interest rates and are up to their necks as far as PSR will allow them.

Scruffy Jim's lot barely scraped through last year and their overheads next year won't be much less as their wage ratio to turnover and amortised player values, debt repayment interest and income will hardly change, unless they fall on a US backed shirt sponsorship deal of mega proportions (never questioned by the PL as fair value from same country ownership) to bail them out I don't see how they can spend big without selling home grown first. I mean is any sane owner going to pay the wages of Varane or Casemiro or the value of Mount or Anthony? The answers No!

I can’t lie, it’s fucking draining trying to explain to simpletons that Everton and Forest’s situations have been a totting up of losses over 3 years as submitted in their own fucking accounts and seeing whether that total is higher or lower than the permitted losses over that time period. They are therefore admitting guilt as the numbers are ripped straight from the audited accounts that they submitted.

In contrast, City’s accounts do not show losses greater than the permitted value. The allegation is that the accounts themselves are plain wrong due to fraud. City are therefore not admitting guilt as they maintain that the allegations are false. It’s really quite straightforward therefore to understand why City’s case has not reached its conclusion yet but even when you explain this, nobody is interested in listening. Cunts the lot of them.
How the fraud squad and HMRC haven't raided our premises yet baffles me!

We got books, we got cooked books, we got imaginary sponsorship deals, we got balance sheets doctored to the hilt, why haven't they been seized by the authorities?

Strange.

The people who own these clubs don't care about winning things or making sure the fans are happy, what they want is a guaranteed return on their investments and to ensure that they allow the red tops to do what they want.

OK they might make a bit of noise to appease the fans once in a while but they are in cahoots making money by acquiescing and playing dumb.

That's why the ones who voted for these rules did so. I'm aware some had different owners when they voted but I feel a lot would vote the same way today.

Regardless of what the rules are and who's broken them, there is also a critical point here which is being missed.

Quite simply, the magic of football is being killed. That last minute winner to keep you up might not do any more. At any point, a rule that's broken for whatever reason can push you or a rival down more so than the points you'd expect to win over a month or 2. You can't trust your eyes anymore. You can't take the result after 90 minutes as "the truth".

The relegation battle this year won't be decided by Luton and Burnle getting huge wins. It won't be decided by Dyches tactics or Calvert-Lewin finding form either. It won't be decided by Forests purchases. It will be decided by faceless lawyers wielding points deductions that go up and down at a whim.

I'm really getting to the point now with VAR and off-field points deductions are just as important as any striker. They are killing the game.

Football used to be about goals and the players on the pitch. It's getting to the point where it's not any more.

That's why the ones who voted for these rules did so. I'm aware some had different owners when they voted but I feel a lot would vote the same way today.

We make the mistake of thinking as fans, we believe all the owners want what's best for fans and wouldn't morally send us down the river.

Do as you are told, do what we say you should do and keep taking your money. There can be no other explanation. What's mind-blowing is the embarrassing simple fans who back the red top clubs even if they know they are being used.

Last edited:
The way the Premier League are working and going about things stinks of fuckin American owners.
3 of the major 4 leagues in the US operate under a salary cap, but the cap is the same for every team. FFP and/or FSR is an entirely different animal. It's beyond absurd and unique to football in the UK and Europe as a whole via UEFA FFP. The American owner's are probably saying to themselves these people can't really be this fucking stupid and naive. An owner can't spend his own money to grow his club and compete on a more level playing field with some of the more established successful clubs. Where else in the universe under a free economy is this even a thing? I wish I knew the reasons why no one has challenged this insane set up in court? I genuinely don't get it...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.