Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 16 - Spaced Out - RobMCFC (pg 338)

Batter Up - Brand New.

You kind of have to really embrace the pace of this one, or it is pointless. It is not a song about time, or moments or seasons etc. But, it does to me invoke 'the feeling' of time. Particularly, of slowing down time. The metronomic guitar, soft vocals, gradual introduction of other instruments all adds to a real ease that it instills (if you let it). It could maybe do with being like 3 minutes shorter, but then that is the thing about time isn't it. It is the closing song of an album and works in that context, but not as much as a standalone song. We have already had Pink Floyd, and there are, to me, faint echoes of that here, in that almost hypnotic wash.

Last edited:
For my second, and final, offering (under the new 2 songs each limit), I'm going for a long, oddball, unsettling track from a band I've listened to a few times on Spotify but don't know much about.

"See You Next Fall" - All Them Witches

For my second, and final, offering (under the new 2 songs each limit), I'm going for a long, oddball, unsettling track from a band I've listened to a few times on Spotify but don't know much about.

"See You Next Fall" - All Them Witches

I thought it was 3 choices, have I yet again failed to read the exam question properly?

Yeah it was 3 we went with. Or up to 3, so less is fine if you don't have 3.

Ok thanks. In which case I will stick with the ultimate one hit wonders for my second one. Apparently the only act to have a number one single on both sides of the atlantic and then to never even trouble the charts again in either of the US or UK.

Zager and Evans - In Year 2525

(Used to give me the heebie jeebies when my big sister used to play this when I was little).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.