Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

At the current rate, my season ticket will hit £1,000 within the next two seasons (before cup games, away days, etc.). Wonder where the ceiling is before we stop getting increases?

Thanks. So for every game they’ll be three different prices for each area?

Flexi
Members
And ( nominally ) non members.

Sounds a decent idea for those who say, don’t want to take kids to night games.
That is how I understand it, but paying £200 for ten tickets on the flex where a season ticket is £230 doesn't look great, particularly as it would cost £121 net if the other 9 were sold on the exchange.

As the cost per ticket on the ST is around the same price as you pay on the Flexi plus the £75, which is the con, but other wise the ten tickets are likely to average £30 on a normal membership.

For an adult a £760 ST would be £150 + £400 (£40 a match) therefore £550 for £10 games on average. That looks to me roughly how things are being worked out from the example.

If anyone down grades to these they need their head seeing to (use the exchange), however they are better than a membership pricewise plus cup final priority etc.

So putting it into perspective adult prices in cb1 are nearly double what you're paying. That is a crazy difference to me really.

Edit. I think your price is perfect and is what the majority of people should be paying ideally.
Across the aisle from me in 123 (I’m in 125) it is cheaper. Obviously not as cheap as for an OAP whoops sorry FOC (Funny Old Codger). I agree with you about what the majority should be paying.

I stupidly gave up my season in 2011.
I paid £400 to get into the Sergio game and now have to pay 70-90 for the big games which plus £70 train is on the verge of being too much.
Fact is a ticket for the theatre is 40/50 but we see the very best theatre on the planet fortnightly.I dont think at £50 a game a match ticket is overpriced in 2024.
I may try for a new season in the new stand but enjoy the different views i see but have found in big games recently there are literally no tickets that come up on the site no matter how many times you try so miss out.

I don’t get the comparison made all the time to other luxury expenditures like theatre, restaurants etc

Tickets may be similar in prices at the theatre but people don’t go to the theatre every two weeks because……..they wouldn’t be able to afford it.

So this new flexi season ticket…

Can I apply for one as a cityzen member?

Can anyone send me the link to all the details?

That is how I understand it, but paying £200 for ten tickets on the flex where a season ticket is £230 doesn't look great, particularly as it would cost £121 net if the other 9 were sold on the exchange.

As the cost per ticket on the ST is around the same price as you pay on the Flexi plus the £75, which is the con, but other wise the ten tickets are likely to average £30 on a normal membership.

For an adult a £760 ST would be £150 + £400 (£40 a match) therefore £550 for £10 games on average. That looks to me roughly how things are being worked out from the example.

If anyone down grades to these they need their head seeing to (use the exchange), however they are better than a membership pricewise plus cup final priority etc.

Yeah, a season ticket would definitely be better. Especially for a child, where they’re not much more than the price of a couple of pints a month. But if they’re not available, there’s nothing you can do about that.

The big advantage of these, compared to just buying as a member, is if you can bag a seat near, or ideally next to, your season tickets, you’re guaranteed first dibs on it every game.

Whereas now I’ve looked to bring an extra child a few times and there’s nothing in the whole block we’re in. Which isn’t ideal for younger children.

Just to put things into perspective.

Soriano will be celebrating the release of the new prices with a bottle of wine equivalent to the prices of what loyal long standing fans can no longer afford to pay to watch their beloved team.

But it doesn’t matter cos we’re world champions init.

Problem with that new scheme is they haven’t mentioned how much games will cost.

Rags/Dippers/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea are likely to be much more than £40, maybe even £60 plus even after allowing for the discount.

Just those 5 could cost £450-500 with the £150 included.

plus another say £200 for 5 less attractive but weekend games. Could easily cost £650 for 10 games and maybe even more.

Let’s face it those are the games that make the season worthwhile.

I could quite easily live without watching Everton park 3 buses again, Palace, Fulham, Brentford etc with no atmosphere but I wouldn’t gamble on this without knowing the costs.

Just to put things into perspective.

Soriano will be celebrating the release of the new prices with a bottle of wine equivalent to the prices of what loyal long standing fans can no longer afford to pay to watch their beloved team.

But it doesn’t matter cos we’re world champions init.
I’m not sure Soriano’s lifestyle has anything to do with anything.

I think we should offer huge discounts to under 30s and pay for this by stopping discounting over 65s.

Gotta do something to change the demographic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.