PCP or PCH car leasing?

Hi folks.
Apols for dragging this back up from the depths!

Was looking over this again this week. I asked a few Qs on a VW T-Roc forum which has helped.

Essentially it might be best to go via something like Car Wow (tend to have slightly better deals than dealerships apparently).
But it's probably best for me to take a trip to a VW dealer (there's a large one on Stockport perched on the M60).

I'm still not 100% sure on what kind of financing deal I should go for, but PCH looks like a good bet.

I have to admit I'm a little bit apprehensive about the visit to the dealership (hard sell etc). I've not owned a car for so long, I'm a little out of sorts with all this. But the important bit is I need a car now, but also want something it will be a pleasure to drive.

Case of just popping down with a bunch of questions, having a look at a few cars and options then taking it from there (do you have to schedule an appt or just rock up?)

The biggest question here is why on earth do you want a dreary pointless crossover like a T Roc?

After having my company car written off, which wasn’t a bad thing as I fucking hated it, I talked the firm into using this car leasing company and leased a second hand car fully maintained

It’s really worth considering

If you haven't had a car for so long why do you want to jump in to paying more than what it's worth on a finance contract that imposes limits on what you can do with your "own"* vehicle?

*Just to avoid pedants pointing out that's not actually owned.

If you haven't had a car for so long why do you want to jump in to paying more than what it's worth on a finance contract that imposes limits on what you can do with your "own"* vehicle?

*Just to avoid pedants pointing out that's not actually owned.
Cue loads of posters saying that you 'never own a car anyway'

Having had a few cars on finance and PCP deals I’m now firmly in the camp of buy what you can afford cash and own it.
I've only ever done this. Having owned multiple cars one thing is constant, they get old and shitty. Even the most expensive luxury cars you can buy end up mechanically dead (or uneconomical to repair).

But the deterioration in value is not linear, a new car losses a good chunk every year where as an old banger can hold its value. But old bangers can be rank inside and out. So the best value sweet spot is somewhere in the middle. Not new, but then not old enough to feel like you are driving around in a charity shop.

We got my Wife’s car brand new on PCP, traded in her old car at the time and got a really good deal.

With my car, I had to get something much cheaper and finance seemed nowhere near a good deal so we took out a small loan to pay for it which was nowhere near the interest. I do own the car technically I guess but do I really own it as I’ve got the loan? Fuck knows lol.

I try and have as little as possible on finance. Got a mortgage but no credit cards or loans.

Apart from the wifes car and my van!
But … my van i paid my bank loan off after 4 years (7 year loan) so now thats mine, and the wifes car loan will be paid earlier too.

Its a bloody lovely feeling when that last repayment is made and the standing order is cancelled

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.