PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just imagine the length of every report in the papers after judgement day. At least 115 plus pages. Or the length of every talkshow. At least 115 plus days.
As for this topic, it’ll probably have reached twice as many pages by than. And add the same number after.

Fck me. I just realised one of City or the FA will appeal …

If ever there is a chance to beat “A La Recherche Du Temps Perfu” by Marcel Proust for being the longest ever written story.
I’m going to write the book starting not with the evocative smell of a Madeleine but chips and gravy.

Apologies if this has already been discussed at length, but where do City’s auditors stand in all of this? Have we had the same auditors throughout the period? Presumably, if the charges were proved, that would call into question the adequacy of their work. I expect they would argue that City initially duped them. But once these allegations came to light, wouldn’t they have had to carry out their own investigation? And if they found that they had been misled, shouldn’t they have resigned? Or at least insist that City restate their accounts?
I’m sure the auditors went through this exercise when UEFA charged us and were satisfied that we had not lied to them. Hence our defence that there was a ludicrous implication of us conspiring with them.
Note: if you are going to lie to auditors, make sure you have the false documentation to back it up. Er….So a colleague told me.

If what you say is true, then the PL’s failure to talk to Mancini
is decidedly odd. It’s almost as if they didn’t want to know the truth in order to preserve those charges.

Well, firstly, I'm not saying any if that is true. But it make sense to me based on what we think we know, so I am happy to put it out there.

And, secondly, they don't have those investigative powers, do they? They aren't the SFO :) They are probably ruing that. Shame. I would imagine the club will be presenting a statement from Mancini in the defence, though? Would have been wise for Soriano not to fuck him over with negative press stories after he was sacked, maybe?

Just imagine the length of every report in the papers after judgement day. At least 115 plus pages. Or the length of every talkshow. At least 115 plus days.
As for this topic, it’ll probably have reached twice as many pages by than. And add the same number after.

Fck me. I just realised one of City or the FA will appeal …

If ever there is a chance to beat “A La Recherche Du Temps Perfu” by Marcel Proust for being the longest ever written story.

I like the idea of temps perfu :)

Apologies if this has already been discussed at length, but where do City’s auditors stand in all of this? Have we had the same auditors throughout the period? Presumably, if the charges were proved, that would call into question the adequacy of their work. I expect they would argue that City initially duped them. But once these allegations came to light, wouldn’t they have had to carry out their own investigation? And if they found that they had been misled, shouldn’t they have resigned? Or at least insist that City restate their accounts?
Pretty sure we switched auditors during the period in question but would need to check the accounts of each year to be sure
They don’t examine every invoice but they do check for related parties and have been satisfied that the international accounting standard criteria will have been met, any that they deemed to be related would have been noted in the accounts I’m sure that post CAS they would be even more thorough Ultimately they can only work with the information available but they are responsible for asking the questions and seeking clarification that’s their role

Well, firstly, I'm not saying any if that is true. But it make sense to me based on what we think we know, so I am happy to put it out there.

And, secondly, they don't have those investigative powers, do they? They aren't the SFO :) They are probably ruing that. Shame. I would imagine the club will be presenting a statement from Mancini in the defence, though? Would have been wise for Soriano not to fuck him over with negative press stories after he was sacked, maybe?
Mancini says the PL never asked him. Of course he could have told them to piss off had they done so.
Good point about Soriano. The correct thing was to have said nowt but Mancini was an argumentative so and so. Incidently he says he has matured and is less combative these days. Sounds like he wants the rag job.

Last edited:

The club has used BDO since the takeover.

The audit report has to have a few looong paragraphs about the procedures they used to satisfy themselves the accounts are not fraudulently prepared.

You can be sure that the audit partner was on the phone in 2018 as soon as the UEFA investigation began to ask for explanations and you can be sure those explanations were checked during the next audit.

The fact there is nothing in the audit report about this and, as you say, they haven't resigned tells me they are fine with it all.

Last edited:
I’m going to write the book starting not with the evocative smell of a Madeleine but chips and gravy.
Entitled 'A la Recherche de Trumped Up Charges Perdu'?

The first 115 pages banging on about the heady aroma of that gravy elixir smothering the triple-cooked King Edwards?

Put me down for a couple of copies. Signed, of course.. got to think ahead on the future resale value..

As we used to say in Hulme, 'Mais, ou sont les neiges d'antan'..

..and don't forget those of us travelling from the south of the city who will have to contend with the temporary traffic lights at the top end of Piper Street, past McVitie's, up to the Bank on Birdhall Lane.. there's talk it's all going to be one way now..

The Regiment likes this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.