PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL is undoubtedly very successful commercially the fans who flock to watch matches do not choose to support a team because it is successful commercially or because the PL is and the PL seems determined to ignore this. Chris from London points out, quite rightly, that certain clubs have excessive influence on the PL and I would suggest that our "problems" with UEFA arose from the existence of an alliance with other like minded clubs in Europe, Hence, the "independent arbitration" of CAS which you favour found itself ruling on whether City had broken a series of regulations which are very arguably unenforceable in law and which were not introduced by any process of consultation but by a "discussion" with the ECA, or at least, officials from Bayern Munich who claimed to speak for it. Thus European football was lumbered with regulations which limited severely the rights of owners to invest. What organisation refuses investment? And now the PL is in the same cul de sac. One third of the PL are facing proceedings for allegedly breaking PL financial regulations. Hardly the sign of an organisation where commercial success spreads its benefits to all. But then these regulations never intended that.

What is not needed is independent arbitration but an acceptance that the present regulations are actually anti-competitive and shouldn't be enforced at all. This raises the question of what regulations should be enforced and experience shows that the PL's hand is stone dead on this question. No-one is actually suggesting that the minister for sport and culture should dictate a set of regulations but wide ranging discussion is necessary and fans' organisations have to be at least consulted. I believe that a truly independent regulator is essential to these discussions and to prevent the PL ever again falling under the domination of the "red cartel".
I hate to break it to you, but there's no such thing.

I get that, but discrediting a journalist because her husband is a wrong’un seems a bit OTT.
It's not so much discrediting a journalist, but it's a bit rich of her to cast aspersions when every night she jumps into bed with a touchy feely nonce.

Last edited:
The 5 person PL board who collectively chose to charge City with the "115" includes a barrister/judge Mathew Ryder. He describes himself as a "passionate" football fan (well he would do). He's very coy in public about where he directs his football "passion". He uses X to express his views on legal matters and hand out guidance to rookie lawyers.
In his tweet below he emphasises the critical distinction between FACT and OPINION. So can we assume the PL submissions will be devoid of opinions, conjecture and unjustifiable inferences when dealing with our Etihad sponsorship?, Hope he's not a hypocrite...
1000009178.jpg

So why mention it?
I didn't. But seeing as it was mentioned by someone else, I see it as a legitimate point to raise that you're accusing others of heinous wrongdoing, whilst standing by your nonce of a husband.

If someone close to me was a wrongun, I'd certainly keep my trap shut, precisely to prevent posts like these accusing her of hypocrisy.

Annabel could easily remained objective during her interview, without adding the sensationalist angle of our owner's country's "questionable" human rights record (whatever they allegedly are).

I personally don't see what the fuck her questioning has to do with investing in Manchester, if not to cause mischief?

Gordon Brown was apt to levy taxes without too much thought about their effect in the real world. I remember he did an auction of bandwidth to maximise the tax take from mobiles. That put our phone industry back several years because the tax was levied before the companies had made a penny and operators were hesitant. Similarly, he planned a massive effort to increase the take from council tax by levying tax on a whole range of household features such as patios, built in wardrobes, a good view (seriously, I am not making this up). He engaged a giant army of assessors in Scotland (the rest of the country to follow) but Labour lost the election before it took effect.
He did a good job in the world financial crisis, but he was otherwise a terrible chancellor.
Very true. He seemed to delight in complexity, though to his credit, he was a calm and stable influence in the crash - but I recall some of the ideas he claimed had actually originated in Sweden. As a PM he was certainly blessed with the old “Midas touch in reverse”.

The 5 person PL board who collectively chose to charge City with the "115" includes a barrister/judge Mathew Ryder. He describes himself as a "passionate" football fan (well he would do). He's very coy in public about where he directs his football "passion". He uses X to express his views on legal matters and hand out guidance to rookie lawyers.
In his tweet below he emphasises the critical distinction between FACT and OPINION. So can we assume the PL submissions will be devoid of opinions, conjecture and unjustifiable inferences when dealing with our Etihad sponsorship?, Hope he's not a hypocrite...
View attachment 111856

I am sure the legal profession is pleased he cleared that up. There must have been so much doubt before he proffered his opinion ....

What a bullshit artist.

I didn't. But seeing as it was mentioned by someone else, I see it as a legitimate point to raise that you're accusing others of heinous wrongdoing, whilst standing by your nonce of a husband.

If someone close to me was a wrongun, I'd certainly keep my trap shut, precisely to prevent posts like these accusing her of hypocrisy.

Annabel could easily remained objective during her interview, without adding the sensationalist angle of our owner's country's "questionable" human rights record (whatever they allegedly are).

I personally don't see what the fuck her questioning has to do with investing in Manchester, if not to cause mischief?
So her partner is a nonce too now?

Do you see how things escalate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.