Who else is Wembleyed out?

I don’t mind Wembley, it’s more the travelling there that’s a pain. The last couple of times it’s been a nightmare on the coach. I missed the first 15 minutes of the semi final last year.

Hopefully I can get the train, price depending.

I don’t mind Wembley, it’s more the travelling there that’s a pain. The last couple of times it’s been a nightmare on the coach. I missed the first 15 minutes of the semi final last year.

Hopefully I can get the train, price depending.
We missed Gundogans goal last year v them still outside , got to our seats about 15 mins in.
had to go by coach,normally the train,I will never ever go by coach again.

Watching City on TV is fuckin shit.
If you've got the money & you're not a fanny get to the game. Or maybe just call it a day and admit you've had enough

How about national stadium Cardiff, totally neutral venue, big enough and provide a special but different day out for everyone. Keep Wembley for the final and restore some of the magic. Been there with Blackpool mates three times and enjoyed it more than Wembley.
I'd like that for the League Cup Final, different day out.

The thread proves that there is nothing many football supporters like more than a good moan.

My first game was in 1963 with City heading for relegation. City came nowhere near Wembley until 1969. I went there four times in the 13 years from 1963 to 1976. I had moved to Coventry by 1981 and while I did get a ticket for the SF at Villa Park I was unable to go the final(s).

It was a long time before City were at Wembley again, if you discount the Chelsea Full Members Cup match. Now people are moaning that City are there too often.

Anyone who does not want to go to a game or category of matches is no problem but moaning about this on here seems like 'whipping up apathy'.

Last edited:
How about national stadium Cardiff, totally neutral venue, big enough and provide a special but different day out for everyone. Keep Wembley for the final and restore some of the magic. Been there with Blackpool mates three times and enjoyed it more than Wembley.

Apart from the fact that England’s national stadium isn’t likely to ever be in another country, the transport links there from the north are abysmal.

People moan about Avanti. Try shifting 20,000+ to South Wales by train and you’ll find out what a shit service looks like.

well i have been to over 200 grounds and attended 1500 games so i think i am a proper football fan. Just don't enjoy Wembley experience hence the thread.
you get one team v another team on a football pitch, once the game starts you forget about whats around you. Lot of grounds there pal, have you been to The Old Show Ground or Vetch Field

I wouldn't say i was wembleyed out, but the community shield and FA cup semi's are out for me now, due to expense and the hassle of London and back in the day, my first trip was the Wolves league cup final in 74 as a young boy. We have been so lucky over the last decade that i think the novelty of a visit to Wembley as worn off for some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.