Who else is Wembleyed out?

Wembleyed out? Fuckin hell some have a relatively short memory. Didn't we go in 1981 then wait 30 years until 2011 for a showpiece final. (League 1, 3rd place playoffs and Full Members Cup game aside).

Enjoy every opportunity as you never know when it will be the last time for a while or in your lifetime.

Here's hoping our great trot carries on and we get another 3 goes this year!

We got one of the club coaches for the final last year. Was fine on the way there, got there in plenty of time. Was a nightmare afterwards though, didn’t leave the car park until about 3 hours after the game. Never again. The lack of trains after the Chelsea game means I’m not sure if I’ll even go to this one, which is a shame.
Same happened to us,we were on that pink car park near the crystal club.
I heard 1 coach near the front had broken down that held everyone else in.
Like you say it was about 2 or 3 hours after the final whistle we eventually got going,we missed the trophy presentation through coming out early cos the driver said he wouldn't be hanging around.
Got home at 2.30am and was in work 9.30.Never ever again

Same happened to us,we were on that pink car park near the crystal club.
I heard 1 coach near the front had broken down that held everyone else in.
Like you say it was about 2 or 3 hours after the final whistle we eventually got going,we missed the trophy presentation through coming out early cos the driver said he wouldn't be hanging around.
Got home at 2.30am and was in work 9.30.Never ever again
I think the problem with the pink car park last year after the game was someone had a heart attack and was lay on the ground in front of a coach, stopping lots of coaches from exiting the car park? I remember seeing paramedics running around the car park.

How old are you? Why don’t your grow up? Perfectly reasonable thing to discuss as the responses show.

It’s shows to me the apathy some people have for Wembley when the likes of me who I consider a hard core fan really don’t want to bother (certainly with the semis) and probably with the final. Also I am gutted the champions league final is there.

How many times you been last 5 years?
About as hardcore as Charles fucking Hawtrey

Trains are expensive and also they've been on strike at times. If you stay over, hotels are expensive. Food and beer are expensive too down there.

Driving to London from Manchester is generally a 4+ hour drive and parking is expensive. It's a looong drive back too.

It's not the distance, it's the overall time/cost of it and then you have to do it again a couple of months later if we get to the final.

I'm all up for playing finals at Wembley, but if we're playing teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc then we should be looking at Old Trafford, Villa Park etc instead of Wembley. If nothing else, it's lost it's mystique.
Break up the journey, I drive part way then train into London.

Last year when a Rail Strike was called I cancelled my rail ticket for a full refund and drove to Watford, London Overground (weren't on Strike) from Watford to Wembley, good day

Wembley has only lost it's mystique for some because we have been so good over the last decade and have been there so many times.

God forbid we were shit and had never been there!

You actually even suggested if we play Arsenal or Chelsea (a London Club) then it should be at OT :-)
So drag them up to Mcr to play at a Club ground rather than City traveling to North London to play at a neutral venue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.