Who else is Wembleyed out?

Being "Wembleyed out" sounds so ungrateful. We waited donkeys years for a sniff of the place and nowadays it's almost an annual pilgrimage. If you don't want to go to Wembley, fine. Plenty of new fans to cheer us on. Long may our Wembley trips continue because it's a sure sign of how successful we've become since 2011.

But he does, constantly. Or at least when he’s not banned.

It was an opinion based on his personal experience. Love him or hate him, it’s a valid feeling, albeit not shared by many.

Wembley can be a great day out for those that are young and do it up as a group or with their kids, or whatever. For others, it can be a different experience, especially if you have already been there many times.

It doesn’t deserve the dog’s abuse.

The problem with Wembley is the semi-finals are played there. In effect, it's lost its appeal as we normally play there more than we do at Anfield, Old Trafford and the Emirates! I really believe that Wembley should be for the England team and the FA and League Cup finals - no other football should be played there.

Getting to Wembley is a pain, it's expensive and takes a lot of time.

However, one day, we'll give our hind-teeth to have a day out there again so enjoy it whilst you can!
After what so many fans had to put up with last season when travelling to and from the stadium for the CL Final in Istanbul, I don't think I'll be complaining about getting to and from Wembley ever again. It took some fans longer to get to the Ataturk Stadium on the day of the game even though it was in the same city when they started their journey than it does if travelling to Wembley from Manchester by coach. Contrast that to Wembley where you can get from Euston to the stadium in half an hour or so. In fact, you should be able to get to Wembley from pretty much anywhere in London in not much more than an hour at worst.

Sure, some of the kick-off times for games at Wembley aren't fan friendly in terms of getting trains back and there absolutely should be some push back on that, plus I get that finances and work patterns dictate that some fans have to make some hard choices where they might have to give it a miss. However, with regards to the occasion itself it's what you make of it that determines how good or bad it is. I'd actually argue that having so many visits to Wembley in the past 13 years makes one more experienced in having a better quality day out. Some people might not have the time to dig out places some way away from the stadium but if you've got time on your hands and you're just going to go for the lazy option of heading to the pubs on the East Side then the chances are that you're going to have a shit day out as you'll spend more time in a queue for a pint than you will drinking that pint. London is one of the greatest cities in the world and there are absolutely shit loads of different places where you can have an enjoyable day without going anywhere near all those shite pubs near the stadium.

Not playing 2 FA Cup semi-finals doesn’t make Wembley financially unviable. Or didn’t mean it wouldn’t get built.

Wembley was paid off this year. The FA no longer owe money for Wembley. That was always going to be the case regardless of when the FA paid the Wembley debt off.

The argument could now be made that semi-finals, especially for Northern clubs, no longer have to played at Wembley.

The FA would still make a semi-final profit if the semi-finals were played at another stadium in the North of England or at Villa Park.
Make a lot of money for Scruffy Jim at the Stadium of the North

Will be buying our 4 tickets, have to laugh at those who cannot be arsed, the journey they, cannot be bothered to do, we do similar distances, every game, home and away, sometimes 3 times a week, their choice of course, but hardly worth broadcasting

Each to their own. It doesn’t state you have to buy a ticket if you are a City fan. Nor does it make you less of a City fan if you don’t buy a semi-final ticket.(reading some of the childish and emotional comments)

Gone are the days when I felt obliged to buy a ticket through sheer blind loyalty. I’m a 56 year old FOC. I no longer have that sense of burning loyalty to buy a ticket for every away match that I can go to.

That aside, money is tight for me and plenty of other City fans atm, so forking out £100+ with a possible FA Cup final, and CL final at Wembley to come takes priority, if that happens?

Hazarding a guess. There won’t be much change left from £400 if City get to the FA Cup final and CL final. Let’s put that into perspective. That’s nearly half the price of my season ticket, 19 homes games, for next season, for 2 finals this season.

Money to find.

April. Council tax, £1100.
July. Season ticket, £795.
March. Car insurance, just paid, £560.
March. Private health care, £1000. Has to be paid in full by the end of March.(I need a left knee replacement)
Monthly household bills, credit card, etc.

Unfortunately I don’t have a money tree in my back garden.

I wanted to go to Madrid away. Can’t afford it. As simple as that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.