PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

To sum up, Annabel Tiffin is in no position to lecture any entity about appalling human rights records when her own husband has a, cough cough, appalling human rights record of his own.

& that’s the response that should be emailed back to her need to ask about human rights.

To sum up, Annabel Tiffin is in no position to lecture any entity about appalling human rights records when her own husband has a, cough cough, appalling human rights record of his own.

I think her question is totally fair game. There is a link there. Might not be entirely relevant to the discussion at hand, but it is there to point out.

I think the comments about her own household are also totally fair game. There is a link there. Might not be entirely relevant to the discussion, but it is there to point out. In exactly the same measure.

With both, there is a bit of a shared answer too. I.e. It’s a bit more complex.

The other comments on her face, demeanour etc, are not really pertinent imo, but it is what it is.

Neatly put.

Like charity is said to begin at home so should criticism of all versions of human rights.

Human rights is such an oft thrown around term for people who want to appear to be seen as being informed and wanting to do the right thing but the reality is that human rights are so much more complex than the simplistic questions and terms that are so often put forward by these quasi journalists, human rights are not a black and white area and have as much to do with culture, upbringing than anything and our incessant need to try and westernise the world and impose our values on others is what drives people to ask these questions and want them answered in the same simplistic manner that the questions are asked because the reality is that the complexities involved, not to mention some of the human rights abuses purported in our country would blow their tiny little mind so maybe they should get down off their pulpit, put away their bullhorn, stop asking questions for clout and go away and educate themselves and come back and have an informed discussion if they were truly bothered about these matters.

I know there haven't been many new developments recently, but let's try and keep the thread on topic.

Not sure Annabel Tiffin really merits this much discussion! Probably more relevant to the media thread anyway, but as someone else said, comments about her appearance are a bit unnecessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.