PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

i read tiffin and i was sorely disappointed to discover that the thread had not descended into cake and on that basis alone rics request to put it back on topic should be adhered to, however if it any point it does descend into cake then ric can feck off lol

I have no dog here, and I didn’t know anything about her husband. Nor do I really care.

But as a concept, and this could be anyone asking any such question, it doesn't disallow it, but it makes it quite hollow. It would be like asking her if she is comfortable part of her household income is coming from a person with an appaling employment rights record. A basic cheap shot. And journalists private lives do come into it, unfortunate or not, if it concerns accountsbility and pretense of integrity, and perceived hypocrisy can be biggie.

Either way, while I have zero issue with the question, imo it was hardly a big or significant one that nobody has ever asked. She wasn't in this case exercising journalistic integrity or championing anything, she was just trotting out a clichéd overused go-to bit of contraryism for something for people to latch onto, to maintain a bit of relevance. Which, by the number of pages on it, has worked.

She won't be the first or last to do it, Abu Dhabi and MCC won't be the first or last subjects of such questions either. There will always be these issues, these investments, people will always piggyback them for their careers including journalists. The ones that Really care about it and try meaningfully tackle it, tend to be ones you don't hear that much from imo.
Agreed. Regional journalist tried asking a question for what she deemed balance. The rest of the debate was unnecessary in my opinion, but hey ho, it was what it was.

Naah, she was linking the development with the Abu Dhabi "state". She is supposed to be a local journalist, she should, and she surely does, know that the investments are in a private capacity. She knew what she was doing and it was poor.

It's the same as the national press does with "state-owned", "state-funded" and the rest and what Neville does with "Abu Dhabi". It's all just to downgrade the success of the club and the impact on the local area. At least I hope it is, because the other alternative is a damn sight worse.

Which if you read my previous posts on it, I already point out is a basic cheap shot. Nevertheless one that is there and people will take. As it is hypocritical too, hence the glass houses comments are equally there to make.

Didn't want to comment on this/her, but ... once she made the false statement on ownership, anything else should become irrelevant.

If her statement is valid in the discussion then any reporting on Utd or Chemical Jim's plans should warrant a reference to American human rights or Saudi sponsorship. But it won't.
Feck em. People will go to the concerts there and not make the incorrect connection or give a shit.

I read that too. This would at a minimum provide 2 years (probably 3) of financial accounts so could help even if it would not cover the period of the PL charges.
I think the point is even if it doesn't cover the time period in question the repetitional risk more generally is not something Eithad would risk.

Agreed. Regional journalist tried asking a question for what she deemed balance. The rest of the debate was unnecessary in my opinion, but hey ho, it was what it was.
Before I ask for your autograph, quick question I’ve been wanting to ask, do you get hard and wet when you come here and argue for the sake of arguing?

Didn't want to comment on this/her, but ... once she made the false statement on ownership, anything else should become irrelevant.

If her statement is valid in the discussion then any reporting on Utd or Chemical Jim's plans should warrant a reference to American human rights or Saudi sponsorship. But it won't.
Feck em. People will go to the concerts there and not make the incorrect connection or give a shit.
As i stated earlier i do find it hilarious that journalists and MPs in this country find it appropriate to comment on human rights in other countries but do little to combat the human rights issues happening right here, it would be much more prudent to address issues on our own doorstep before preaching to others about how their countries should be run, we really do think we are a bastion of free speech and a shining beacon to the world and it just is not true.

There was a flurry of excitement not long ago when it was thought that the PL case was on the verge of collapse but that is a distant memory after Tiffingate.

The only potentially new info I've seen recently is Tolmie posting on X that the hearing date should be announced by June. On that basis it's still highly unlikely that the judgement will be released before early next year at best.

Sigh..

Last edited:
Before I ask for your autograph, quick question I’ve been wanting to ask, do you get hard and wet when you come here and argue for the sake of arguing?
All I asked for was some proof yesterday. Isn’t that what this thread has been about since it’s beginning?

When I got it, I thanked the poster for it.

Before that, I got lots of anecdotal evidence, culminating in a screen shot of sexy-presenters.com that may have had some information withdrawn due to copyright!

Now, you can be critical of my debating style. I recognise that it isn’t perfect and annoys some people, but all I was asking for was some proof that a guy being called a nonce was in fact a nonce.

If it were Khaldoon being described as a nonce and I‘d asked for proof, you’d all be backing that up, but because it was the husband of a journalist that had asked a question we didn’t like, I’ve got all sorts of replies!

All I asked for was some proof yesterday. Isn’t that what this thread has been about since it’s beginning?

When I got it, I thanked the poster for it.

Before that, I got lots of anecdotal evidence, culminating in a screen shot of sexy-presenters.com that may have had some information withdrawn due to copyright!

Now, you can be critical of my debating style. I recognise that it isn’t perfect and annoys some people, but all I was asking for was some proof that a guy being called a nonce was in fact a nonce.

If it were Khaldoon being described as a nonce and I‘d asked for proof, you’d all be backing that up, but because it was the husband of a journalist that had asked a question we didn’t like, I’ve got all sorts of replies!
You made a point but just leave it there and than instead of trying to elongate your cock size .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.