The Conservative Party/Government

I think your second and fourth paragraphs are at slight odds with each other. I think they continue to drive the debate downwards.

UKIP was able to drive the Tories right because the 2 main parties were so close in the polls that losing the ~10% of their voters to UKIP would guarantee the Tories would lose a general election.

Labour are predicted to have a 200 seat majority after the next GE. When your majority is that big, it doesn’t matter what a 10% splinter group says or does.

Besides, Reform isn’t eating Labours vote, they’re just going to split the tiny remaining Tory contingent as the old school conservatives move back towards the centre, like every party that loses an election, and the Reform nut jobs go even further right.

UKIP was able to drive the Tories right because the 2 main parties were so close in the polls that losing the ~10% of their voters to UKIP would guarantee the Tories would lose a general election.

Labour are predicted to have a 200 seat majority after the next GE. When your majority is that big, it doesn’t matter what a 10% splinter group says or does.

Besides, Reform isn’t eating Labours vote, they’re just going to split the tiny remaining Tory contingent as the old school conservatives move back towards the centre, like every party that loses an election, and the Reform nut jobs go even further right.
Yes, I agree that a move to centre in 2025 makes quite a bit of sense, for the Tory party

Totally academic what this gobshite says - he‘s out on his arse soon.
I wonder if the teaching profession is so desperate it will have him back.

If my kid told me Mr Gullis was a teacher I'd be straight on to the Head and the Governors to get him removed or remove my child from his classes. He has zero ability

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.