18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

I do truly wonder what one would do in this situation - #1 spot somewhere else or being an extremely well liked and valued #2 who gets a game every other week but lots of trophies and visibility.

I wonder how he likes England? His family is young so it seems like he has a few more years before he would be thinking about making sure kids are settled for school, etc.

I do truly wonder what one would do in this situation - #1 spot somewhere else or being an extremely well liked and valued #2 who gets a game every other week but lots of trophies and visibility.
I remember Carlo Cudicini at Chelsea. Number one goalkeeper and one of the best in the league, then Cech came and he stayed for another 5 seasons as number two. I never understood it, but then if I could keep getting paid the same for way less work, I'd probably do it too.

We should get the chequebook out to keep him. He's worth it imo, imagine having to go into Real Madrid playing a Steffen type. Invaluable having that security knowing if anything happens to Ederson we have someone equally capable who can fill in seamlessly and is very good on the ball.

However, Ortega is good enough to be starting for top Champions League teams, he's going to get good offers and we'll have to significantly better them financially if we want him to stay and be Edersons backup.

He has earnt a new deal but it is not at the levels to really throw money at. I don't think it is a money issue that he is looking to move on. He is going to be a first time parent and his partner might not want to stick around in Manchester and bring up their newborn in England.

I hope he stays, he's really good. I can understand the desire to be #1 though. It's up to him to prove he's good enough - and Pep to be honest with him if it's flat-out never going to happen because he prefers Ederson. We're very lucky to have such a good #2 but with that talent comes ambition.

How many games will Ortega get come the end of the season ? Like him to stay but he is too good to stay at number 2. Liverpool have the sand problem with the Irish lad who I rate very highly aswell .

Likely only way it would happen if Saudi comes calling.

Brentford paid 13M for Flekken last year
We shouldn't sell for less then that at the very least.

And Flekken is dogshit - one of the worst starting goalkeepers I have ever seen in the Premier League. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Ortega is on their shortlist to replace Flekken this summer.

Ortega though could easily be number one at a Champions League side.

Zee Germans should be given this man a look. What three German keepers are better? Of course, it could be to our detriment if it causes him to further seek out more first team chances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.