18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We
Happy to, his distribution is noticeably better in my opinion, and that is invaluable to the way we set up.

His shot stopping has also improved and he made quite a few key saves in the treble run. He was one of our best players down the stretch. Maybe Ortega is a better shot stopper, maybe not, but if so it's not big discrepancy. Distribution is more valuable to us than shot stopping and I don't think the two are even close in that regard.

I suspect Ederson will be straight back into the squad as soon as he's fit, and remain the #1 for as long as Pep is here. If I'm wrong I'll gladly come back and eat the humble pie

If Ortega is in better form he should play the next games. I know Eddy showed us in the treble Season that he can be World class but we cant rely on an old season.

Maybe im wrong but i Go with who has a better form and shows he is capable for consistency should stay in the starting 11. Not only on the GK Position.
But I trust in Pep he knows best. only my opinion

We

If Ortega is in better form he should play the next games. I know Eddy showed us in the treble Season that he can be World class but we cant rely on an old season.

Maybe im wrong but i Go with who has a better form and shows he is capable for consistency should stay in the starting 11. Not only on the GK Position.
But I trust in Pep he knows best. only my opinion
Ederson will not lose his place as our number one keeper solely because Ortega has played well in his absence.
If he comes back and stinks the place out he will be put on the bench and Ortega will play.

If Ortega replaces Ederson as number 1, for Palace and then Real Madrid…does that mean Ederson now plays against Chelsea in the FA cup like a number 2 would?

My thought is that Ederson will be number one whilst Pep is here. Ortega is obviously a really good keeper, but the distribution difference is the key.

Teams would realise that we'd be much weaker under a high press if Ortega was our number one and our possession game would suffer. You can't really press Ederson as he's so cool under pressure, our team almost always has that out ball if they need it, just roll it back and we'll recycle. Ortega isn't bad at it, but not in the same league as Ederson. More likely to play it safe and kick long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.