18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Another Great Performance. I Hope he gets a Real Chance to be our no.1

Hes just to good to be a no.2 Keeper.

I think Clubs like Leipzig, Stuttgart and maybe Leverkusen will try to get him in.

I think if Bayern wouldnt Trust neuer That much he would Go there 99%. Depends who comes for Coaching them. But Neuer is nearly untouchable because of his Legacy.

Another Great Performance. I Hope he gets a Real Chance to be our no.1

Hes just to good to be a no.2 Keeper.

I think Clubs like Leipzig, Stuttgart and maybe Leverkusen will try to get him in.

I think if Bayern wouldnt Trust neuer That much he would Go there 99%. Depends who comes for Coaching them. But Neuer is nearly untouchable because of his Legacy.
Ederson is our number one and will be until Pep leaves at least.

If he starts against Madrid and does better ... Think he will be up for the number one spot
I like that Pep seems to be trying to build a meritocracy, so the best performers are given a fair opportunity to keep their place as long as they are meeting his demands. Ortega deserves the opportunity to keep his place as long as he performs to the high standards he his setting. All players should respect such fairness.

Ederson is our number one and will be until Pep leaves at least.
Wasnt there reports that Pep was thinking about to put Ortega as no. 1 Last season?
The chance isnt high but if ederson doesnt perform next games After injury it could be a possibility for Ortega.

Wasnt there reports that Pep was thinking about to put Ortega as no. 1 Last season?
The chance isnt high but if ederson doesnt perform next games After injury it could be a possibility for Ortega.

That's changes ever since his run in CL games especially in the final last season is cemented in Pep eyes that Edi is reliable in big games.

Ortega has done very well for us and could start (and deserves to) at a top club somewhere, but too many of our supporters underrate Eddie

Ortega has done very well for us and could start (and deserves to) at a top club somewhere, but too many of our supporters underrate Eddie
Can you detail the aspects of a goalkeeper that Eddie has more of than Ortega?

If Ederson doesn't play tomorrow, I hope Ortega plays against Madrid. Actually, unless Ederson is healthy for tomorrow I would play Ortega until FA cup SF. After I would star giving Ederson time, and if he shows good level, then he is a starter again.

Can you detail the aspects of a goalkeeper that Eddie has more of than Ortega?
Happy to, his distribution is noticeably better in my opinion, and that is invaluable to the way we set up.

His shot stopping has also improved and he made quite a few key saves in the treble run. He was one of our best players down the stretch. Maybe Ortega is a better shot stopper, maybe not, but if so it's not big discrepancy. Distribution is more valuable to us than shot stopping and I don't think the two are even close in that regard.

I suspect Ederson will be straight back into the squad as soon as he's fit, and remain the #1 for as long as Pep is here. If I'm wrong I'll gladly come back and eat the humble pie

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.