PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Lest we forget.

sport-preview-prem-tv-vote.jpg
Nothing to see hear. Just a coincidence these guys are all in the same restaurant at the same time.

Last word from me on this until I see what is actually approved by the PL, but I suppose this is where we differ.

You see the PL as 20 different businesses but then ascribe to them three things they want as a collective.

I see the PL as 20 different companies in at least three groupings each with their own objectives and interests, but not only that, I also see an executive (CEO and Chairman) whose responsibility it is to take decisions in the wider interest and whose job it is to propose them to the shareholders for ratification in general meeting.

I have worked in such an unwieldly structure and it is vital that you have a strong executive, otherwise it degenerates into a big, political mess with deals between the various groupings in the interests of the most powerful, not in the interest of the company as an entity in itself. The only way Luton has a voice, if you will, is if a strong executive forces the others to listen. If not, they just have to go along with the most powerful in return for some breadcrumbs.

This is where the weak Masters has taken us, imo. He needs to be stronger, or preferably, his replacement does.

Then I may believe that the changes they are rumoured (and they are only rumours, again I am suspicious of the source) to be considering are for the greater good, and not just for the benefit of the few.

For what it's worth, I don't think for a minute these changes will be about stopping City. We are pretty much past that now. I do think other clubs will be feeling it, though, one way or the other.

must practice my gliphy posting…

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all reported serious losses recently. of course PL looking to change PSR rules to make it less serious. its not nice if these clubs will go under pressure and labelled cheaters.
we should vote against it haha and watch them limit their spending or get points deductions each year.

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal all reported serious losses recently. of course PL looking to change PSR rules to make it less serious. its not nice if these clubs will go under pressure and labelled cheaters.
we should vote against it haha and watch them limit their spending or get points deductions each year.

The whole thing has been mismanaged to the point of incompetence, especially the last couple of years.

Passing new rules in February and then leaking that those new rules are going to be abandoned just over a month later is no way to run any organisation.

Punishing clubs with points deductions that have serious consequences and then leaking that the whole thing is going to be abandoned while the points deduction processes are still in place, no less. Unbelievable.

And, finally, the crowning turd in the water tank, forcing certain clubs to sell some of their best players in a hurry at the end of June to meet rules that you have already leaked are going to be scrapped, with the usual vulture clubs circling around for bargains, is unconscionable. Sustainability my arse.

There is no strategic direction at the PL. They are just blowing in the wind of the most powerful clubs. It really is hopeless.

I am with you. I hope seven clubs who have worked hard to comply with the PL's idiot financial rules refuse to accept any changes for another year at least just to force the PL to make the changes to its organisation that are required. Clubs like Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United, who are getting relegated while complying, should get together with clubs like Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle and Wolves who are getting fucked over this summer to say you made these rules, now suffer the consequences along with us.

Or maybe City should organise a block of seven like-minded clubs to stymy any rule changes that don't make football sense. Or maybe that is already happening behind the scenes .....

That was just an offhanded joke on my part not meant to be taken seriously. I agree with what you're saying but it's definitely a sport with plenty of risk, it just functions differently.

I didn't take your post as having a pop!
I was just pointing out the flaws, as i would hate us to end up with that system etc.
If the PL's American owners get their way, that is what they want.

The trouble with this forum is lack of emoji's. It is very hard to judge peoples intention(s) when read in plain text only.
I hate it when somebody posts bad news, and your only way of reacting is to "Like" the post!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.