The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
great result for us..shame they didnt drop the 3 pts but that will do.

Still think its going to be very close.....that spurs game for us is very tricky and the Brighton away is also tricky

Arsenal have a couple of London derbys (esp the one vs spurs) thought the other one is Chelsea at home which you would expect them to win. Interestingly they also have the rags away second to last game of the season...though the rags could well be on the beach by that point. Wolves away you would expect them to win so its that Spurs game they may drop points in

You have to expect that the scousers will win all their home games but the Villa away game could see them drop points - Will Everton get something from them? Everton will certainly be motivated but they are pretty poor.

We will have to win all our games still I think as I dont see many points being dropped by either of them - the arsenal defence looks very good and solid.

If its not us Id much rather arsenal win it than the scousers....for me Arsenal are the better team of the two for starters and personally i cannt stand Liverpool, their manager or their fans.

I was hoping so too, until I saw Villa with a game on Thursday night. The time they meet, Arsenal would have had 4-days of rest, Villa with only 2 days of rest and injuries to some of their best players.
Also Douglas Luiz will be missing as he got booked in injury time & as its his 10th yellow of the season he is suspended, so not looking good for villa

Plus them being in touching distance of TOP4. I think they would lean towards beating us for them to get top4. Goodnews is that, they would want to beat Arsenal too, to get Top4. When they meet Arsenal, they would have been well rested.
Judging by the crap they are serving up today, I think it’s best not to get too excited.

April looks to be a shocker of a month for Arsenal.

Bayern Munich in the CL won't be easy and will drain the legs of the players. If they go out, it could affect them mentally too.

Villa, Wolves, Chelsea and Spurs are all banana skins and I expect Arsenal to drop points. I don't think they will lose these games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they draw 3 games. As good as Arsenal are, when the pressure starts then games like United away will be shockers as today shows. If Everton have to win to stay up then their last game of the season could also be a choker for them.

I still think Liverpool will end up being the ones we go head to head with on the title.

A nice run of 1-0 wins for the rest of the season would do very nicely.
F-That! at 1-4 yesterday I was still twitchy, gonna be a slog this, I’m living every game when I should just worry about ours, tbf I accepted a while ago there’s a high chance we don’t do it this year, but it will be the sweetest since 2012 if we do it

I don’t think Spurs are all that and even if they were, if we go into the last week of the season (spurs game likely to be then) needing two wins to win the title, I expect this team to get it done.
That happened in 1967-68. City needed to win away at Spurs and away at Newcastle to guarantee the title. It ended 3-1 at Tottenham and 4-3 at Newcastle. Tottenham finished seventh that season and Newcastle eleventh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.