Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Best ever City performance. Also the best ever performance in the Champions League from an English side.

I genuinely never seen anything like it.

Total dominace.
Agreed.

And, worth an additional reminder that Kev didn’t play yesterday, unlike the first leg last season.

He should be back and firing (and relatively rested) for the second leg and I expect him to tear them a new arsehole.

Disappointed that Pep didn’t come over to acknowledge the fans last night, same as Saturday at Palace. His acknowledgment is always a highlight. Still love the bald ****

Just watched that again for the umpteenth time. Fodens pass to Alvarez fot the fourth goal was perfect, weight and accuracy. Not quite up there with David Silvas at the swamp but not far behind.
Just goes to show Phillip Walter Foden was ‘world class’ before last night.

Disappointed that Pep didn’t come over to acknowledge the fans last night, same as Saturday at Palace. His acknowledgment is always a highlight. Still love the bald ****
I have heard he hasn’t been feeling 100% as of late and is trying to keep engagements to the bare minimum expected to try to power through it.

He’ll be back to doing it soon.

I read an interesting preview of our game against Arsenal, where the author showed short passes is one of our important metrics. and I've kept an eye on it over the last three games. It may be a bit daft, but I felt second half we exerted much better pressure on Madrid by having our spacing better and keeping our rhythm on these short passes.

Grealish is key to this, he constantly carries the ball into the right area and it allows us to set the rest of the attack. I'm sure I write this in every post, but if we fail to attack with purpose and establish our positions in the opponent's half, it causes us huge defensive issues.

First half we were getting caught on the ball in stupid places and the gaps between players felt too large. Madrid exploited it a few times.

It would've been great to hold on for 3-2, but taking a draw home is a good result, given we were again missing key personnel for a 'big' game.

We really don't get enough credit for the mentality of our players. They keep turning up and giving it everything, despite the gruelling nature of the last 18 months and winning the lot last season.

It's the classic crunch week now. 3 games across 3 competitions, each presenting a different challenge. Often the most stressful but exciting part of the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.