Luton Town (H) | Sat 13th April, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remind me in which other home games have we been 3-0 up at HT
We scored 3 in 40 minutes at Luton in the cup. Burnley 3 up at 46 minutes. Bournemouth 3 up in half hour too. Probably some in Europe, without checking. My point was start strong and avoid a bannana skin, then rotate. 2 up would do at the break would do :)

We scored 3 in 40 minutes at Luton in the cup. Burnley 3 up at 46 minutes. Bournemouth 3 up in half hour too. Probably some in Europe too, without checking. My point was start strong and avoid a bannana skin, then rotate. 2 up would do at the break would do :)
I take your point but the difference here is that in none of those games had we gone life and death in the biggest game of the season away to the 2nd best team in Europe a little more than 48 hrs earlier

Playing a team fighting for their PL lives with a weakened team? What could possibly go wrong ! Luton have notched up some good results this season they are no mugs!
I'd normally say the same as in go full strength, We need to be realistic also, Some of the players look dead on their feet as also stated a few are carrying injuries. If we could pick anyone in the league to play against before Real Madrid it would be Luton at home, I don't mean any disrespect to Luton but it's a perfect game. Stones, Rodri, Bernie ect all need resting.

Bringing in Nunes, Doku, Alvarez is more than good eniugh to get past Luton. To keep competing in all three competitions we need to rotate.

I think Luton are missing 8 or 9 players also for this game, They have a big injury list.

Just some of their away results this season, They conceded quite a few goals, Hopefully we can get the job done early.

Brighton 4-1 Luton
Chelsea 3-0 Luton
Arsenal 2-0 Luton
Aston Villa 3-1 Luton
Rags 1-0 Luton
Dippers 4-1 Luton

The likes of Alvarez, Nunes, Bobb, Kovacic (as I think we will see KDB in his place vs Madrid), Doku, Lewis or Ederson are no brainers. I think Haaland could use a start as well to score a couple. Maybe Ruben to play himself into form more and Josko because he is young and on fire. That's 10. Now, if we ever intend to play Sergio Gomez ever again, this is the game. Arguably, the easiest PL match left this season.

Ederson

Lewis Ruben Josko Gomez

Oscar KDB Kovacic Jeremy

Haaland Julian

Before anyone says it's too much rotation or whatever, this side beats most teams in the PL, easily. Sure as hell, Luton.

One of those games where you have to make changes and look to the wider squad to plug gaps.

I would rest Phil, Rodri and Stones and bring in Nunes, Bobb, and Lewis…..could be an important game for Haaland to get a couple of goals in

Edit: City 3-1 Looting
I like your bravery but doing this could bite us in the arse. We simply can't afford to drop points.

The likes of Alvarez, Nunes, Bobb, Kovacic (as I think we will see KDB in his place vs Madrid), Doku, Lewis or Ederson are no brainers. I think Haaland could use a start as well to score a couple. Maybe Ruben to play himself into form more and Josko because he is young and on fire. That's 10. Now, if we ever intend to play Sergio Gomez ever again, this is the game. Arguably, the easiest PL match left this season.

Ederson

Lewis Ruben Josko Gomez

Oscar KDB Kovacic Jeremy

Haaland Julian

Before anyone says it's too much rotation or whatever, this side beats most teams in the PL, easily. Sure as hell, Luton.
This side is easily good enough to beat Luton.

Now is the time to rest Rodri.

ooof crikey, players who state themselves that they need a rest, generally do.

Perhaps Luton at home, but "something we are planning" might hint that they will see how the league campaign is going, and the rest might come around the semis of the CL if we get there? slightly cryptic quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.