Iran Attack on Israel

I dissagree, I don't want the UK to be drawn into a middle east conflict. Its not our fight, is it?? Why does it reflect worse on the UK than any other western country if Israel gets attacked. Its got nothing to do with us. We should concentrate on what's happening in our back yard IE Ukraine.
Western ships are being attacked by Iran, just yesterday a Portuguese flagged ship was illegally seized in international waters by Iran.

It's inevitable that we're going to get involved whether that's to play a protective role of an ally or to protect our own interests because both are part and parcel of the other.

The view of most other European countries is no different to that of the UK.

The Iranians were not hellbent on creating havoc as you put it. They are well aware of the damage Israel and by extension the US can unleash. But after the illegal assassinations in Syria they had to do something otherwise they would seem weak.

The Iranian regime is funding terrorists and insurgents all over the Middle East. They are behind enormous amounts of cyber attacks. They’ve supported Russia in attacking Ukraine and are one of their only allies. They are absolutely a despotic theocratic rogue state hell-bent on trying to sow discord, that is just an undeniable fact.

I'm clearly not talking about this one action in isolation. I specifically stated I’m talking about the regime.

Do you criticise the attack by Israel on that embassy? I guess you're going to say yes so do you also criticise the attack by Iran last night? My guess is the answer is no. With that in mind I don't think there is anything left to say.

Yes both were wrong. Israel had no need to attack the embassy and it was reckless. Iran was to forced to attack. It was wrong but it could have been a lot worse.

I’ll criticise our government for not doing more for Palestinians and criticising Israel but I’ll never chastise them for a defensive action designed to deescalate a situation. If those missiles had been allowed to hit Israel the world would be in a far far worse place today. The double standard would be me expecting them to intervene in Gaza but not against an Iranian regime hell-bent on wreaking havoc.

We should always be on the side of stability, peaceful resolutions and preventing civilian death. Whether that’s in Gaza, Tel-Aviv or Ukraine.
Why didn't the UK government criticise the illegal attack on the Iranian consulate? What did that act do to stabilise the middle east. ?

We can all say what we like on social media far from the theatre of conflict.
Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas. Both have been attacking Israel for years.
Iran funds the Houthis who have attacked Saudi Arabia and Israel.
It will be stupid for Israel to let this pass. Their military capability needs to be degraded.
Soon, it will be Iran's turn to test their air defence system against the Israeli missiles.

Last edited:
Why didn't the UK government criticise the illegal attack on the Iranian consulate? What did that act do to stabilise the middle east. ?

I literally said I will criticise our government for not condemning Israel in the first line. That doesn’t mean they should just let Iran go ham. They did the right thing on this occasion. I wish, like many on here, that their hit rate on doing the right thing was better and that they applied their standards more evenly but that doesn’t make getting involved here the wrong thing to do.

It will be stupid for Israel to let this pass. Their military capability needs to be degraded.
Now, it's Iran's turn to test their air defence system against the Israeli missiles.

You're mad. This sabre rattling is as bad as the mullahs in Iran.

Now, it's Iran's turn to test their air defence system against the Israeli missiles.
The Israelis will probably use the same strategy, decoys first and then strike later.

Overwhelm the Bavar 373 and Khordad 15 systems.

Not a single rocket was fired from Gaza last night it seems thanks to the ongoing offensive there
When Israel is done with Hamas, Hezbollah will be next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.