The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The reality is Liverpool and Arsenal can put the pressure back on as both play twice more before we play

Liverpool have

Fulham and Everton

Arsenal have

Wolves and Chelsea.

If both win their games we will be 4 points behind both with 2 games in hand (and a worse GD then Arsenal).

So will need to be perfect against Brighton away (with 9 days rest) and Spurs away (where we have never scored in the league.

I’m of the theory that if either Arsenal or Liverpool win their next 6 they win it. If they drop points then we win it.

Arsenal could potentially still win with 5 wins and a draw due to goal difference.
My glass is half full.

Yours is half empty.

Do you want a fill of positivity to get you 1/2 full.

Perhaps my xxx years of unbridled rubbish followed by unbelievable success have helped my cause. Getting a draw at OT used to be the promised land for me, 40 points was the holy grail.
I want to share my positivity with those that have only experienced the amazing success we’ve seen since the takeover,
Enjoy.

Maybe but it’s something we will probably need to go through with Pep., but the 2 times Peps done it before he’s won the league.
You might be right. Time will tell. I think Pep will honour his contract, current or future, and leave at the end of it. Without wanting to split hairs I do think there is a difference. Whether the players see it that way is a separate question.

I don't think i've ever been more nervous before and during a match. Maybe Gillingham. Bradford 89 was bad too.

I was more wound up than for the United game that preceded it. I fully believed that we'd beat United. Newcastle seemed a mountain too high.
At the final whistle, I thought, “That's it, the title's ours…”

Hahahahahaha!

The reality is Liverpool and Arsenal can put the pressure back on as both play twice more before we play

Liverpool have

Fulham and Everton

Arsenal have

Wolves and Chelsea.

If both win their games we will be 4 points behind both with 2 games in hand (and a worse GD then Arsenal).

So will need to be perfect against Brighton away (with 9 days rest) and Spurs away (where we have never scored in the league.

I’m of the theory that if either Arsenal or Liverpool win their next 6 they win it. If they drop points then we win it.

Arsenal could potentially still win with 5 wins and a draw due to goal difference.
And we all play in Europe this week, which could have a significant effect on a teams moral etc, big pressure on Liverpool now to roll the dice at Atlanta, if they were top, sending a weakened team out would be forgivable, they need a win for more than a couple of reasons & have so many players out of form. If Arsenal go out they won’t recover & I reckon the wheels come totally off in those next two league games. Even if we went out to Madrid, we’d have the distraction of a cup game & a week to get it out of our system

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.