Jeremie Frimpong

Akanji has what Pep loves to work with most. A great footballing brain.

I don’t see Porro nor Couto having that
Say whatever you want on Couto’s defending and physicality, but his decision making and footballing brain is very very good. Been watching Girona regularly this season, and I’ve been surprised how intelligent he is

Say whatever you want on Couto’s defending and physicality, but his decision making and footballing brain is very very good. Been watching Girona regularly this season, and I’ve been surprised how intelligent he is
Fair enough. I just don’t see a top Premier League full back in him.

Doubtful, nobody had heard of him really before he rocked up.

Couto and Porro are already known to us.

Akanji has what Pep loves to work with most. A great footballing brain.

I don’t see Porro nor Couto having that.
He didn’t grow up in Manchester. Couto was scouted and bought for a reason.

Fair enough. I just don’t see a top Premier League full back in him.
I don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter for us, and I’m not sure he will ever be, but I think he’d make a decent squad player. As Gomez is leaving it could make some sense to keep him around as a backup RB (and Akanji to cover LB instead of RB). I see him as a more traditional full back version of Rico.
Regular starter in one of the best teams in the second best league in the world, grabbing 10 G&A at the age of 21. Should either be a good squad player or bring in a transfer fee of 25m+

He really is closer to a wing back than an RB in most teams. Amongst other issues, he is 3+ inches shorter than Kyle.

But with the security Gvardiol / Ake present on the left side, I think it could potentially work.

He really is closer to a wing back than an RB in most teams. Amongst other issues, he is 3+ inches shorter than Kyle.

But with the security Gvardiol / Ake present on the left side, I think it could potentially work.
i think he would be perfect vs low block teams for us with i.e we could get extra man in center when attacking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.