Media Discussion - 2023/24

Their kids are nowhere to be seen. Their starting 11 yesterday cost more than £400 million, as did Arsenals as well yesterday.

This myth that they both cant compete financially is pure fantasy and is nothing but a smoke screen for both their short falls.

Ahh, but Nunes is fun, Mac Callister the signing of the season. And don’t forget the kop and our empty stadium.

I'm weighing up a couple of potential responses to this. Perhaps you might help me choose?:

(a) One team I'd played for during student days recruited a new and pretty good, by all accounts, goalkeeper. On meeting him, I thought he was something of a 'Bertie Big-B*ll*cks' but in the first game he played for us he kept us in it until half-time. He was, though, getting more and more angry with our collective display ad the half wore on.. we were bobbins, frankly. Comes the second half, our opponents finally score a few minutes in and Bertie B-B throws down his gloves, starts effing and reffing at us all and storms off shouting we were wasting his time, leaving us to put one of our defenders in goal and bring on our sub to make up the eleven with 40 minutes left. It was all so unfair for him what with all those better things he could have been doing while generously giving us his time! Just after all that we scored three in quick succession (I got the third!) and we took the points. Bertie B-B never played for us again. I think you get the moral of the story?!

Or, given Mr Sweeney's nationality,

(b) 'Bollix!'

For me, I think I prefer the rather more pithy summation offered by option 'b'.. What say you?!
Dont know why people get so wound up by the guy. Over here he is barely known and not taken seriousley in anyway. Nobody takes any notice of him and nobody on here should as well.

I'm weighing up a couple of potential responses to this. Perhaps you might help me choose?:

(a) One team I'd played for during student days recruited a new and pretty good, by all accounts, goalkeeper. On meeting him, I thought he was something of a 'Bertie Big-B*ll*cks' but in the first game he played for us he kept us in it until half-time. He was, though, getting more and more angry with our collective display ad the half wore on.. we were bobbins, frankly. Comes the second half, our opponents finally score a few minutes in and Bertie B-B throws down his gloves, starts effing and reffing at us all and storms off shouting we were wasting his time, leaving us to put one of our defenders in goal and bring on our sub to make up the eleven with 40 minutes left. It was all so unfair for him what with all those better things he could have been doing while generously giving us his time! Just after all that we scored three in quick succession (I got the third!) and we took the points. Bertie B-B never played for us again. I think you get the moral of the story?!

Or, given Mr Sweeney's nationality,

(b) 'Bollix!'

For me, I think I prefer the rather more pithy summation offered by option 'b'.. What say you?!
In stark contrast to the ever tiresome Sweeney, does anyone know what’s happened to the boys at the Grauniad? Time was when either Barney or one of the Jonathans would have responded to a day like yesterday with a blizzard of “asterixes”, “lack of jeopardys” or “sportswashing projects”. Indeed up until about 2 months ago, that was their default setting for any City victory, be it against Luton or Liverpool.
Have they been warned off by the club’s lawyers or by their own editors or does something else lie behind their apparent volte face? Have they been given insider info that we’re looking at a “not guilty” verdict and are pre-emptively distancing themselves from their erstwhile opinions or, conversely, have they decided to keep shtum for fear of jeopardising the PL’s case?
I could have understood a toning down, but they’ve gone from constant sniping to barely a dissenting voice these last few weeks……

@tolmie's hairdoo - any thoughts mate?

Last edited:
Hilarious

Eamonn Sweeney​

Eamonn Sweeney

Eamonn Sweeney is a journalist for Mediahuis Ireland covering the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent.

-------------------------

The hills have eyes can be dismissed as having a definite bias.

Eamonn Sweeney​

Eamonn Sweeney

Eamonn Sweeney is a journalist for Mediahuis Ireland covering the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent.

-------------------------

The hills have eyes can be dismissed as having a definite bias.
I looked at that photo and thought it was Heston Blumenthal. Maybe Eamonn should stick to running a pub restaurant as I haven't laughed so much at a dummy-spitting, mouth-frothing article in years. Mard arse cry baby.

Hilarious

It used to be said if you want to meet a fool in Ireland, take one with you. Now a national newspaper employs one to write foolish nonsense. Surely that article is just the lad having a bit of craic with City fans because in reality he wants to be one, as he seems to spend most of his work time thinking about City.
To be sure the lake of boiled pxss in Ireland is at flood levels;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.